2019 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 01/15/19 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrRedLegs wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Received my patch-free 2019 Indians home caps today: all three are Chino trash. Shame because the block C works well on a two-tone in person IMO. Hopefully there are good quality MUSA's floating around somewhere.

The future, beyond Derby, is arriving fast.

aznkid25

Post Posted: 01/15/19 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Video posted by the Reds, showing off the various caps they’ll be wearing during the 2019 season.
https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1085231428651180032
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 01/15/19 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrRedLegs wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Received my patch-free 2019 Indians home caps today: all three are Chino trash. Shame because the block C works well on a two-tone in person IMO. Hopefully there are good quality MUSA's floating around somewhere.

If it makes you feel any better, MLB players will be wearing the same crappy caps pretty soon. Apparently, NE can still meet the made in America contract with MLB if they just embroider the logos in the US—which is all they plan to do at the new factory in south Florida.

If anyone wants a full update on negotiations and what’s happening on the ground, lemme know. I’m actually working on this as part of my job. Never thought my hat nerdiness would be relevant to work, but here we are!
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 01/15/19 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
All sizes now up for the new low crown Phils alt at MLB Shop. Only $30.39 with the current sale. https://www.mlbshop.com/philadelphia-phillies/mens-philadelphia-phillies-new-era-maroon-alternate-authentic-collection-on-field-low-profile-59fifty-fitted-hat/t-14342201+p-0358523631700+z-9-1807464329

For those who had asked for me to check for these locally, please let me know if you still need one after buying from MLB Shop. Wink

I’ve got two high crowns and two low crowns on the way from them. I’ll certainly keep you updated once I find out how these go.
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 01/15/19 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
MrRedLegs wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, MLB players will be wearing the same crappy caps pretty soon. Apparently, NE can still meet the made in America contract with MLB if they just embroider the logos in the US—which is all they plan to do at the new factory in south Florida.

If anyone wants a full update on negotiations and what’s happening on the ground, lemme know. I’m actually working on this as part of my job. Never thought my hat nerdiness would be relevant to work, but here we are!

Does that include the batterman logos being embroidered in Florida?
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 01/15/19 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:

My god, that is pathetic. Guess hunting down team issued caps isn't going to be an option either.
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 01/15/19 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
MrRedLegs wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

I've stockpiled as many flagless MUSA hats. It looks like I'll be doing the same for any MUSA hats still out there
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 01/16/19 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:

Does that include the batterman logos being embroidered in Florida?

Not sure, but I would assume so. I'm sure MLB had to go along with this. Given the rocky offseason for free agents, I doubt the MLBPA would want to rock the boat on a "Made in America" clause in the next CBA, but you never know.

Apparently, NE wants to move into being a "design" not a production company. Think of it like your iPhone. "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China"

That's pretty much what NE wants to do for caps.

The union representing Majestic employees has no fear they'll end up like this after the Nike takeover in 2020. Since on-field uniforms are legit tailored for every player, it's a specialized skill that you couldn't necessarily do at a mega-factory in China, so Nike is likely going to keep U.S. manufacturing in Eastern PA.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 01/16/19 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:

My god, that is pathetic. Guess hunting down team issued caps isn't going to be an option either.

Seems that way. I still wonder if they'll do some very limited full manufacturing there. A TBTC or special event. If that happens and the teams are smart enough, they'll double the price at game used stores.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 01/16/19 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

Seems that way. I still wonder if they'll do some very limited full manufacturing there. A TBTC or special event. If that happens and the teams are smart enough, they'll double the price at game used stores.

Dear Lord, this is worse than any of us could have imagined. You would think that New Era could keep at least some cap cutting and sewing domestically for faster turnaround time. If they wanted that then I guess they would keep Derby open, albiet with a smaller amount of workers. If they actually assemble caps in Miami, they probably won't fit or feel the same as the Derby ones anyway.

I hope players complain about the Chinese caps enough so that New Era is forced to keep some manufacturing here. If anyone can tell the difference, it would be the players.

If New Era's turnaround time does get longer, that will probably open the door for other companies with faster turnaround time such as California Custom Caps to make more caps for special events done on short notice such as TBTC games. Maybe we'll even see some Ebbets Field Flannels gear for PCL TBTC games. Who knows at this point?
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 01/18/19 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
All sizes now up for the new low crown Phils alt at MLB Shop. Only $30.39 with the current sale. https://www.mlbshop.com/philadelphia-phillies/mens-philadelphia-phillies-new-era-maroon-alternate-authentic-collection-on-field-low-profile-59fifty-fitted-hat/t-14342201+p-0358523631700+z-9-1807464329

For those who had asked for me to check for these locally, please let me know if you still need one after buying from MLB Shop. Wink

I do, everything I’ve ordered that are LC’s is made in China. I sent you a PM but I don’t know if it went through, something weird happened after I sent it. But yes if you could check locally for me that would be awesome, I’m wanting two 7 1/2’s. Thanks!
mfortuna45
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/18/19 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

I do, everything I’ve ordered that are LC’s is made in China. I sent you a PM but I don’t know if it went through, something weird happened after I sent it. But yes if you could check locally for me that would be awesome, I’m wanting two 7 1/2’s. Thanks!

The 3/8 LC I ordered was also Made in China. If you are fortunate enough to find a 3/8 LC Made in USA I'd definitely be interested still.
aznkid25

Post Posted: 01/24/19 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This was posted on the Seattle Mariners social media pages today:
New spring training jersey & cap for 2019

Also a photo of Mariners players wearing the new jerseys with the spring training patch on it.
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 01/25/19 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
aznkid25 wrote:
This was posted on the Seattle Mariners social media pages today:
New spring training jersey & cap for 2019

Also a photo of Mariners players wearing the new jerseys with the spring training patch on it.

Are the Giants BP hats and jerseys going to be available by FanFest?
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 01/25/19 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The patch is so bland. Is FL gonna have a grapefuit on it?
Page 7 of 33   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: