Derby is ClosingView previous topic :: View next topic  
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/23/19 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got an email from HC. They're gonna offer 20 % off to everyone for awhile. They won't name names but we know it's lids.

All of their recent offerings are not MUSA and most are wool. So for $40, it's stillvChina wool. Even with 20% off, it's a pass for me.

Lids is double downing on their in store promos. Received another email from them. Huge clearance on in store caps and buy 1, get one 50% off in store only. I wouldn't be surprised to see their in store presence weaken to the point of closure.
lhg39
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/23/19 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Got an email from HC. They're gonna offer 20 % off to everyone for awhile. They won't name names but we know it's lids.

All of their recent offerings are not MUSA and most are wool. So for $40, it's stillvChina wool. Even with 20% off, it's a pass for me.

Lids is double downing on their in store promos. Received another email from them. Huge clearance on in store caps and buy 1, get one 50% off in store only. I wouldn't be surprised to see their in store presence weaken to the point of closure.

Lids has been doing the BOGO 50% off in store for quite a while.
It generally excludes MLB on field and new releases.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/23/19 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
True. I guess what made me post it this time was that there was no * EXCLUSIONS APPLY text, like I've seen on every past lids 50% off emails. It's probably an omission that they won't honor in store. Lids/fanatics got super sloppy all of a sudden.

I have a February 23rd 2019 email with EXCLUSIONS APPLY for the same graphic that I saw today. Just be ready for lids to pull a fast one on you when you take time to get to a mall and park and walk. I sense exclusions still apply. So it'll be fun for some people.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/24/19 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Their FB page is taking a beating. Comments are fun to read.

Over whelming majority are saying they'd shop at fanatics if they WANTED to shop there already. Why become the sixth fanatics branch. There is no way they'll ever match the old variety.

It took awhile as the weekend comes to an end. I sense more backlash Monday as people prep for MLB season.

Crazy thing is, lids is trying to respond to many of the negative comments. That's to their credit cause it's a losing battle. Saying nothing may prove to be more beneficial
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/24/19 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Their FB page is taking a beating. Comments are fun to read.

Over whelming majority are saying they'd shop at fanatics if they WANTED to shop there already. Why become the sixth fanatics branch. There is no way they'll ever match the old variety.

It took awhile as the weekend comes to an end. I sense more backlash Monday as people prep for MLB season.

Crazy thing is, lids is trying to respond to many of the negative comments. That's to their credit cause it's a losing battle. Saying nothing may prove to be more beneficial

Then you got guys on IG getting on their knees and sucking off Fanatics. Probably think they'll get a free hat out of it, if they kiss ass.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/26/19 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone else getting spammed with lids emails this afternoon? I think they'll send me one for every team by days end. I'm about to unsubscribe from this crap.

I did notice my points show up on the email header. 354 points with 750 points pending. What does this entail usually? A $10 off went missing about a month ago. It does know I'm a free access pass member, which is true. So maybe they are slowly but surely getting some functionality back.

I just want a new two tone Indians C for cheap and I can walk off into the sunset.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 03/27/19 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My wife and I went to the outlets this weekend to get the kids some new clothes and shoes. There was Lids there and I was tempted to go in and take a look around but I ended up not doing so. I was afraid of how depressing it'd be given all of the changes in these caps.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/27/19 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apologies on this kind of turning into a lids thread.

Has anyone gone into a lids since their switchover?

Somewhat enticing deals with 2 for $50 fitteds and an extra 40% off clearance headwear.

Has anyone tried these yet in store? They don't mention exclusions and I don't want to go out of my way to head to a shopping mall to park and walk and then be told that the 2 for $50 excludes current on fields. Their current coupon wordage and graphics are too vague to be considered reliable.

The two separate entities aspect of their decision making is mind boggling. They'll need to throw more than 2 for $50 my way before I step foot in a mall. They just lost a valued customer.

The funny thing is they have us mentioning coupon codes to associates who work there, when in the past, the deals were a given in store. I did try the codes online. No luck. The season starts tomorrow and they aren't getting a dime from me for awhile.

Can someone be a guinea pig and see what's actually available with a discount.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/28/19 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Apologies on this kind of turning into a lids thread.

Has anyone gone into a lids since their switchover?

Somewhat enticing deals with 2 for $50 fitteds and an extra 40% off clearance headwear.

Has anyone tried these yet in store? They don't mention exclusions and I don't want to go out of my way to head to a shopping mall to park and walk and then be told that the 2 for $50 excludes current on fields. Their current coupon wordage and graphics are too vague to be considered reliable.

The two separate entities aspect of their decision making is mind boggling. They'll need to throw more than 2 for $50 my way before I step foot in a mall. They just lost a valued customer.

The funny thing is they have us mentioning coupon codes to associates who work there, when in the past, the deals were a given in store. I did try the codes online. No luck. The season starts tomorrow and they aren't getting a dime from me for awhile.

Can someone be a guinea pig and see what's actually available with a discount.

I can confirm it works on on fields, got a usa made Dbacks snakehead alt and USA made Rockies road. Stock up my dudes
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/28/19 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will check out a Lids this weekend to look into the BOGO 50% off sale. I've been in a few in the past that included On-Fields but most, including my closest ones, haven't. Their stock has gotten worse and worse too so it can be hard to find two On-fields worth buying even when the price is right. Rolling Eyes

Azfan wrote:
I can confirm it works on on fields, got a usa made Dbacks snakehead alt and USA made Rockies road. Stock up my dudes

If only eastern PA Lids would carry their home and alt caps as well. Crying or Very sad
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/28/19 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I live within mlb cities so it’s a bit of a misc cluster of random sizes and teams.

The bogo 50% off deal isn’t so great but the 2 for $50 amounts to 34% off. That’s about as good as it gets for on fields.

Just for comparison sake, my local Lids never got retro classics, yet they want me to go shop local as if variety is all of a sudden better and greater.
neweranewbie723

Post Posted: 03/28/19 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fyi dicks sporting goods has 20% fan shop promo, along with 10% email sign up. Could get on fields for $21.85 each although have to pay additional $5.99 shipping under $49 orders
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/29/19 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/08/new-era-cap-pushes-back-closing-date-for-derby-plant/
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/30/19 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/08/new-era-cap-pushes-back-closing-date-for-derby-plant/

"New Era’s decision to close the Derby plant is not about chasing lower, ‘non-union’ wages, as has been erroneously reported in the media. The decision reflects a fundamental shift in the company’s business model."

Lying c*cksuckers.
lhg39
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/30/19 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

"New Era’s decision to close the Derby plant is not about chasing lower, ‘non-union’ wages, as has been erroneously reported in the media. The decision reflects a fundamental shift in the company’s business model."

Lying c*cksuckers.

Yeah, that has to be immediately inducted into the Disingenuous Quotes Hall of Fame.
Page 8 of 10   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: