Is it time for a redesignView previous topic :: View next topic  
akbigbadwolf
Rookie

Post Posted: 03/14/12 4:57 pm    Post subject: Is it time for a redesign Reply with quote
Yes i am sure this topic comes up fairly often, but is it time for New Era to redesign the structure of their onfield caps. Seems like there are primairly two kinds of people who wear the on field hats.

1.\ The current fashion tenders that like the high crown flat brim. Not saying they aren't fans but they wear it as a fashion accessory, and thats fine.

2.\ Then the not sure what I wanna call myself, but I guess the everyday wearer who wants a comfortible hat that blocks the sun wears it in the rain and well its a work horse hat.

I have noticed on here more and more seem to be wanting the later. But yet New Era only issues the most basic low crowns not giving us much of a selection, Then add the issue of finding them anywhere online. And the Issue of the China/USA, sizing issues in its production. Do they need to take a deep breath redesign and fix the problems and get both production lines on the same page. Or are we just SOL because they are the only game in town on they authintics.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/14/12 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it time for a redesign Reply with quote
akbigbadwolf wrote:
Yes i am sure this topic comes up fairly often, but is it time for New Era to redesign the structure of their onfield caps. Seems like there are primairly two kinds of people who wear the on field hats.

1.\ The current fashion tenders that like the high crown flat brim. Not saying they aren't fans but they wear it as a fashion accessory, and thats fine.

2.\ Then the not sure what I wanna call myself, but I guess the everyday wearer who wants a comfortible hat that blocks the sun wears it in the rain and well its a work horse hat.

I have noticed on here more and more seem to be wanting the later. But yet New Era only issues the most basic low crowns not giving us much of a selection, Then add the issue of finding them anywhere online. And the Issue of the China/USA, sizing issues in its production. Do they need to take a deep breath redesign and fix the problems and get both production lines on the same page. Or are we just SOL because they are the only game in town on they authintics.

Redesign? 99% of all ballplayers prefer the On-Field 59Fifty high crown (Brooklyn Style).
0.9% prefer the On-Field 59Fifty Low Profile.
0.1% of players prefer the 39Thirty caps.

Players wear the caps with the flat brim too, and the brims do bend. The Brooklyn Style cap has been around for decades now, I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.
akbigbadwolf
Rookie

Post Posted: 03/14/12 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do they actually prefer it or is it like everyone else on the planet stuck cause it's the only game in town on authentics. No compatition really on them so what is New era's incentive to not put out a crap product or innovate.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/14/12 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Structurally speaking, New Era caps have been exactly the same since around 1995. They always try to do something new and innovative. Raised embroidery in '96, introducing black undersides soon after, 100% polyester, and so on. New Era is the only provider of on-field caps for a reason; the others are crap. There's nothing that feels better on my head than a good broken-in, USA made New Era cap. When I was a kid I tried wearing the other brands that made MLB on-field caps at the time: Roman and Sports Specialties and they just didn't hold up. Nowadays, you have California Custom Caps which makes special events on-field caps when New Era can't do it and they make the caps for Ebbets Field Flannels. The quality is great they don't feel the same.

I have seen some New Era caps that have been poorly manufactured, mainly the ones made in China. However, I would still choose New Era over anyone else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/14/12 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
Structurally speaking, New Era caps have been exactly the same since around 1995. They always try to do something new and innovative. Raised embroidery in '96, introducing black undersides soon after, 100% polyester, and so on. New Era is the only provider of on-field caps for a reason; the others are crap. There's nothing that feels better on my head than a good broken-in, USA made New Era cap. When I was a kid I tried wearing the other brands that made MLB on-field caps at the time: Roman and Sports Specialties and they just didn't hold up. Nowadays, you have California Custom Caps which makes special events on-field caps when New Era can't do it and they make the caps for Ebbets Field Flannels. The quality is great they don't feel the same.

I have seen some New Era caps that have been poorly manufactured, mainly the ones made in China. However, I would still choose New Era over anyone else.

+1 Couldn't have said it better.
akbigbadwolf
Rookie

Post Posted: 03/15/12 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I suppose what I'm suggesting isn't such a radical idea if you look at the rest of the Hat industry. Meaning outside the 5950 market. and yes I get that the Brooklyn style is a huge market. But why is the dominate hat in everyother companies portfolio the mid-crown hat. Just suggesting it would make a nice split between the low-crown that is to shallow for some. and the high-crown that the rest are that only looks good if your Frankestien.

Sorry I just want my hat to look good And to have my offical Batterman logo, dunno why but seems like my hats where always better quality back in the early 90's
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: