2012 On Field RetrosView previous topic :: View next topic  
Swe3zy29

Post Posted: 04/03/13 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That Yankee one looks like absolute garbage. And the round stickers, rather than the Authentic Collection rectangular stickers bugs me too for some reason.

Also, about the 50th Anniversary Angels hat, that's strange because mine (the LA Dodgers cap with halo around the top & 50th anniversary patch) is the iron on one that you typically see now, rather than the woven type.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/04/13 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If anyone is still looking... The non-retail 1955 Rainiers caps from the 2012 A's vs. Mariners TBTC have showed up on eBay as of today. The seller is vaw442, who got there early to the A's fanfest and grabbed a bunch of them. Unworn team issued caps with stickers, sizes 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 3/4. They don't have the Oaks caps, unfortunately.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/04/13 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know where I could find this cap in a 7 5/8? I sat on it last year thinking I'd be able to snag it later on and have been kicking myself ever since. It's NOWHERE to be found online.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/05/13 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
If anyone is still looking... The non-retail 1955 Rainiers caps from the 2012 A's vs. Mariners TBTC have showed up on eBay as of today. The seller is vaw442, who got there early to the A's fanfest and grabbed a bunch of them. Unworn team issued caps with stickers, sizes 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 3/4. They don't have the Oaks caps, unfortunately.

I'm trying to focus on getting the Reds' patch caps from the last few years right now, but I had to bite on this, it's once in a lifetime for a non-retail cap. And around the same price as a normal on-field!
john_doe
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/05/13 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fiddy Sicks wrote:
Anyone know where I could find this cap in a 7 5/8? I sat on it last year thinking I'd be able to snag it later on and have been kicking myself ever since. It's NOWHERE to be found online.

I got mine a couple months back at the Lids outlet in Monroe, just outside of Cincinnati. I think I saw a few at my local Lids store in the clearance section.

Not sure what sizes they had, though.

John

EDIT: Called the store for you, all they have left is a size 8.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/05/13 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm sorry for your luck on that Reds throwback, that was available on MLB.com in virtually every size a couple of months ago. It's a cool hat, mine is 7 3/4 and fits really big, I was thinking about picking up one in 7 5/8 but everyone ran out of stock before I got around to it.
john_doe
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/05/13 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Fiddy-

(513)360-2859 is the Lids outlet in Monroe, maybe they can help you out. Where do you live?

John
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/05/13 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
john_doe wrote:
@Fiddy-

(513)360-2859 is the Lids outlet in Monroe, maybe they can help you out. Where do you live?

John

I live across the country in Tempe, Arizona. So that may not be a go. Darn! I
Knew I should've splurged when I had the chance!

I may still call em anyway and see if they can do anything for me though.
john_doe
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/05/13 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fiddy Sicks wrote:
john_doe wrote:
@Fiddy-

John

A couple of years ago, I was looking for a certain Twins hat...I called a Lids outlet in Minnesota, they had it, and sent it to my local Lids for me.

As much as people on here s on Lids, they're pretty helpful to me.

John
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/06/13 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
john_doe wrote:
Fiddy Sicks wrote:
john_doe wrote:
@Fiddy-

John

A couple of years ago, I was looking for a certain Twins hat...I called a Lids outlet in Minnesota, they had it, and sent it to my local Lids for me.

As much as people on here s on Lids, they're pretty helpful to me.

John

I actually worked for Lids for a few years up until last April. Most of the Lids employees who work at the stores are pretty good dudes, but the way upper management treats them shows why they're usually so unmotivated. The whole company is run by idiots who have NO IDEA what their product is about and who it's for. I got chewed out a coupla times trying to instill a bit of knowledge on customers rather than following the company policy of cramming useless ugly snapbacks down their throats. It's a real shame because the guys who work in the stores (while some of them are TOTAL weirdos) work their because they have a genuine appreciation for at least a portion of the products. But they have to constantly deal with insulting DMs who aren't half as qualified as they are when it comes to what they're selling. Lids could be a great company, but they've gotten so big and have been purchased by companies like Genesco who only see the bottom line. It's why smaller companies like Hat Club are really thriving while Lids gets a bad (albeit totally deserved) rap. And the worst part is, they weren't always like that.
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/07/13 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just saw this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEATTLE-MARINERS-New-Era-1955-PCL-Rainiers-Throwback-Fitted-Cap-Hat-Size-7-1-8-/171166007399?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item27da4a0067

This legit?
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/07/13 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:
Just saw this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEATTLE-MARINERS-New-Era-1955-PCL-Rainiers-Throwback-Fitted-Cap-Hat-Size-7-1-8-/171166007399?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item27da4a0067

This legit?

Yup, Insomniac already bought one from this guy.
Page 74 of 74   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: