2012 On Field RetrosView previous topic :: View next topic  
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/21/11 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Throwbacks announced
http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/red-fever/Rangers-Release-40th-Anniversary-Plans-135629963.html

It looks like the cap in the picture is an original. The picture is dark so it's hard to tell if the undervisor is black or green, but the shape looks old-school.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the pic, but the jersey is modern so I can only assume they'll release a new cap in the same style that they wore with that jersey; which is the one he's holding.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/22/11 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would bet it is an original just based on this year's program. Majestic was a lot quicker to supply jerseys to retail than NE on hats so I could see jerseys being available for the presser and not the hats. Curious to see how available these and the Astros will be at retail.

Yanks/Sox TBTC on April 20th as part of the 100th Anniversary of Fenway not sure if it's been officially announced yet.

Last edited by Hat Guru on 02/25/12 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/22/11 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
I would bet it is an original just based on this year's program. Majestic was a lot quicker to supply jerseys to retail than NE on hats so I could see jerseys being available for the presser and not the hats. Curious to see how available these and the Astros will be at retail.

Yanks/Sox TBTC the clock on April 20th as part of the 100th Anniversary of Fenway not sure if it's been officially announced yet.

I wonder how different the uniforms will look. I hope they go with flannel. That would be cool!
DGP2005
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/22/11 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was at the Chicago New Era flagship store yesterday, and they had the Angels cap with the interlocking LA and the halo around the crown without the 50th anniversary patch. Apparently they will be wearing that one as a throwback throughout the year.
teael952

Post Posted: 12/22/11 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DGP2005 wrote:
I was at the Chicago New Era flagship store yesterday, and they had the Angels cap with the interlocking LA and the halo around the crown without the 50th anniversary patch. Apparently they will be wearing that one as a throwback throughout the year.

Good! Loved the Flashback Fridays of the Angels (had always considered them my "AL TEAM" since they were in the first World Series I can clearly remember watching from beginning to end in 2002).
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 01/30/12 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A's wearing Oaks throwbacks July 8.

The pic on twitter has Suzuki in a Majestic Oaks jersey which leads me to believe (hope?) that the hat is NE.
dahatman496
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/05/12 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
The Red Sox will be wearing throwback unis and caps April 20 (1912) and May 2 (1936) as well as two other dates TBA.

Rumour has it that the NY Yankees will be wearing throwback uniforms as the NY Highlanders.
biznash
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/05/12 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
A's wearing Oaks throwbacks July 8.

The pic on twitter has Suzuki in a Majestic Oaks jersey which leads me to believe (hope?) that the hat is NE.

I saw that Suzuki picture too. I am hoping that it leads to some actual NE Oaks releases. Possibly that logo in an A's colorway. I'll be at that game. I'll try to put some pics up.
Cant wait for the season to start!
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/24/12 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's pics of the Retro "Turn Back the Clock" On-Fields the Red Sox and Yankees will be wearing on 4-20-12 commemorating the 100th anni of the very 1st game at Fenway park.

And yes, you are basically looking at an all white 5950 blank fitted for the Red Sox 1912 hat lol. I think someone on the last page in this thread mentioned why we've never seen Red Sox wear the plain white fitted used in a game. Well here it is.

These will be available for retail and should be in stores/online early April.

Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/24/12 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonwin wrote:
Here's pics of the Retro "Turn Back the Clock" On-Fields the Red Sox and Yankees will be wearing on 4-20-12 commemorating the 100th anni of the very 1st game at Fenway park.

And yes, you are basically looking at an all white 5950 blank fitted for the Red Sox 1912 hat lol. I think someone on the last page in this thread mentioned why we've never seen Red Sox wear the plain white fitted used in a game. Well here it is.

The Red Sox wore the white caps last season vs. the Cubs in a TBTC game, but they weren't sold in retail. I guess these will be available?
Spike24
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/25/12 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dude, I loved that black billed cap..it was a favorite of mine and disappeared. I wonder if the Pirates will ever try and wear those ugly shaped caps with stripes around them. One thing I never knew a recently learned was that the Pirates got stars from their team captain, and by the coach to put on their caps for doing well in games as a hitter, or getting a win as a pitcher. It's like Ohio State football, and how the players get buckeyes stickers for top plays. I wonder if any team would ever bring that back. I don't think I could imagine Josh Hamilton with a hat with stars all over it for dropping so many bombs. I guess it might be cool, plus they started moving that direction with the AllStar Stars for this years AllStar game. New Era dropped the ball on getting the Authentics out for the public to buy. I can't stand those crap stars. If anybody has a hat that the stars looked good on, than I want to see it. I will post my crap AllStar star hat to compare.
Hat Guru wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
The hat in the picture was actually worn from 1986 to 1993. The current hats and logos originated in 1994.

Fair enough but I would say that a hat worn for the preponderance of a decade is in line to be referred to as '90's hat'.

The blue hat straddles both decades but when I see it I think of it as 80's hat, for future reference would late 80's/early 90's hat suffice?

As for the current hats, the blue was brought back in 2001 and the red was dropped until it was revived in 2010 (maybe 2009 I am losing track these days) There was also the A-Rod black billed that mysterious vanished after his trade to the Yankees and the worn for 10 mins blue hat with red 'T' that was supposed to be the road when blue reintroduced as the primary in '01.

fittED

Post Posted: 02/25/12 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spike24 wrote:
Dude, I loved that black billed cap..it was a favorite of mine and disappeared. I wonder if the Pirates will ever try and wear those ugly shaped caps with stripes around them. One thing I never knew a recently learned was that the Pirates got stars from their team captain, and by the coach to put on their caps for doing well in games as a hitter, or getting a win as a pitcher. It's like Ohio State football, and how the players get buckeyes stickers for top plays. I wonder if any team would ever bring that back. I don't think I could imagine Josh Hamilton with a hat with stars all over it for dropping so many bombs. I guess it might be cool, plus they started moving that direction with the AllStar Stars for this years AllStar game. New Era dropped the ball on getting the Authentics out for the public to buy. I can't stand those crap stars. If anybody has a hat that the stars looked good on, than I want to see it. I will post my crap AllStar star hat to compare.

I got both 2011 Yankee All star "Star"versions in my collection. Very Happy Care to guess which one is the "crap" version

fittED

Post Posted: 02/25/12 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonwin wrote:

I know that both teams will be wearing retro uni and hats but what is your source for these specific hats? got a link?
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/25/12 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
jonwin wrote:

The Red Sox wore the white caps last season vs. the Cubs in a TBTC game, but they weren't sold in retail. I guess these will be available?

Yes sir, I mentioned these would be available for retail in early Aprill. Just depends on what your retailer wants to order. I'd imagine Red Sox and Yankees online store would carry these for sure though.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/25/12 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spike24 wrote:

To answer your question about the Pirates caps, they wore their "Pillbox" caps a few times in 2010. At first they used the American Needle versions with the stars on the front and then they switch to New Era's. I don't know if they wore them in 2011, I never noticed. I'll bet you their team store has them in stock. I have a vintage authentic yellow crown version coming in the mail right now.
Page 2 of 74   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: