Say BYE-BYE to the NE-flag logo on the side of your CoopCollView previous topic :: View next topic  
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/08/14 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: World Series patch Reply with quote
ChrisBoshDino wrote:
So this won't or will work on World Series patches? My tigers 2012 WS hat is what in referencing, I hate the little side patch because it's a bad memory

That patch isn't embroidered, so you can't use a seam ripper to take it off.
ChrisBoshDino
Rookie

Post Posted: 05/08/14 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: World Series patch Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
ChrisBoshDino wrote:
So this won't or will work on World Series patches? My tigers 2012 WS hat is what in referencing, I hate the little side patch because it's a bad memory

That patch isn't embroidered, so you can't use a seam ripper to take it off.

Dammit, thx 4 replying though. U know of anything I could do?
Si1entRaider

Post Posted: 05/12/14 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did this a while back with a Blue jays "roid bird" cap.

Used a scalpel but safer to use the seam ripper. I'm an upholster so used to doing stuff like this. Comes in handy for caps now and again!

dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/12/14 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That turned out really good!! I was worried about taking that frame off, I'll have to try it some time.
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/12/14 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
That turned out really good!! I was worried about taking that frame off, I'll have to try it some time.

As was I. Good to know.
ChrisBoshDino
Rookie

Post Posted: 05/18/14 8:43 pm    Post subject: Side flag Reply with quote
Any1 know if this can be used 2 remove the american flag on the side of the 9/11 caps?
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/18/14 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Side flag Reply with quote
ChrisBoshDino wrote:
Any1 know if this can be used 2 remove the american flag on the side of the 9/11 caps?

Those are iron on patches.
ChrisBoshDino
Rookie

Post Posted: 05/19/14 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Side flag Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
ChrisBoshDino wrote:

Those are iron on patches.

Just curious but do you own one? On lids.com it says the side patch is stiched on and if anyone doesn't mind the side patch fastball fanatics has multiple teams 4 $20-25
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/19/14 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Only ones ever sewn were just after 9-11, unless the site had them custom embroidered .

Trust me, probably doesn't have a lot of glue and if you leave it on your car dashboard for 20 mins you can probably just peel it off.
ChrisBoshDino
Rookie

Post Posted: 05/19/14 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tubby34 wrote:
Only ones ever sewn were just after 9-11, unless the site had them custom embroidered .

Trust me, probably doesn't have a lot of glue and if you leave it on your car dashboard for 20 mins you can probably just peel it off.

m.lids.com/MLB/Detroit-Tigers/20334540

So basically ur saying it's not stiched and that it's glued. Do you own this or possibly a World Series hat?
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/19/14 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's held together with high polymer lucid titanium Colgate enamel.

Do what you want- but you can peel the flags off. The World Series patches might be tougher but you can certainly do it- might leave a stain.

You've had multiple people tell you how it's held on- do what you want.
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/19/14 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ChrisBoshDino wrote:
Tubby34 wrote:

So basically ur saying it's not stiched and that it's glued. Do you own this or possibly a World Series hat?

Just a heads up, most people on here own whatever they're talking about. So if multiple people have already answered, it's probably safe to say their info is accurate regardless of what the website says. You'll learn soon enough that the website is wrong more often than these forum members. For real.
ChrisBoshDino
Rookie

Post Posted: 05/20/14 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
ChrisBoshDino wrote:
Tubby34 wrote:

Just a heads up, most people on here own whatever they're talking about. So if multiple people have already answered, it's probably safe to say their info is accurate regardless of what the website says. You'll learn soon enough that the website is wrong more often than these forum members. For real.

Yah I'm new here lol. So basically all I do 2 get a glue on patch off is leave it in hot weather for an extended period of time and then it should come off? Will there be any traces left behind?
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/20/14 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ChrisBoshDino wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
ChrisBoshDino wrote:
Tubby34 wrote:

Yah I'm new here lol. So basically all I do 2 get a glue on patch off is leave it in hot weather for an extended period of time and then it should come off? Will there be any traces left behind?

I have never tried to remove a patch that has been applied with adhesive. From what I've read ever since this thread began as well as on other threads is that removal of adhesive patches is hard, if not impossible(in regards to retaining cap quality). It seems most people end up with a stain that is rather large and doesn't come off(meanwhile I'm sure a post from a while back is in here explaining how to flawlessly remove adhesive patches).
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/24/14 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried removing some lids custom embroidery, it did not go well lol
Page 3 of 6   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: