New Colorado Rockies On-Field or mistake?View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azfan

Post Posted: 02/17/12 2:21 am    Post subject: New Colorado Rockies On-Field or mistake? Reply with quote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TAGS-35-COLORADO-ROCKIES-AUTHENTIC-NEWERA-59FIFTY-on-field-CAP-7-1-8-/200712828424?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ebb6ab608

Is this an actual hat or just bad quality control under New Era?
Spike24
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/17/12 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: New Colorado Rockies On-Field or mistake? Reply with quote
I have seen the all purple game hats, the black with purple bill, but I don't remember this cap at all but I'm definitely not a Rockies expert so I can't say 100% that its not an Authentic On Field, but I don't think so. If it is than I definitely need it but its so hard to buy Rockies hats. The colors are brutal unless your Justin Beiber, haha..
Azfan wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TAGS-35-COLORADO-ROCKIES-AUTHENTIC-NEWERA-59FIFTY-on-field-CAP-7-1-8-/200712828424?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ebb6ab608

Is this an actual hat or just bad quality control under New Era?

dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/17/12 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check out that purple underbrim, definitely fake. Unless the brim was attached upside down, then in that case it is strange.
Manhattan Mike

Post Posted: 02/17/12 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Check out that purple underbrim, definitely fake. Unless the brim was attached upside down, then in that case it is strange.

Pretty cool if it's not fake. The Rockie all purple is sweet - do they still wear it?
Super Ran
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/17/12 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's either fake or a production mistake! I saw a home on field Oakland A's at lids last year that was real like that.
Fraser Boy
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/17/12 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I highly doubt it'd be an on-field being introduced this season given the price. Good find though!
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/17/12 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After looking at it better I'm inclined to think it's some sort of factory mistake, but I can't say for sure. Where's Insomniac or Hat Guru when you need them!?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/17/12 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I had to guess I would say production error, similar to the reversed A Oakland hats I saw last year in Phoenix area stores.

The hat isn't in the MLB Style Guide and the Rockies just unveiled their uni changes and these hats weren't part of the package. This is of course not entirely conclusive as the Braves navy jersey and hats weren't in the style guide the year they debuted. They were kept under wraps right up until they wore them on the field in Washington.

Given that they've debuted the jerseys I can't see a hat being held back.

The purple cap is still part of the Rockies identity package but rarely sees the field, and the purple cap has the odd quirk of having a flipped bill so the black underside curls up on to the purple bill. This one has a normal bill which is what you'd get with a factory error.

Hate to say it but I kind of like the look of the hat, might be kind of a cool 1/1 error piece for someone with that size.

(if it was fake I would think that screwing up the design would mean that there would be other obvious markers that is was fake ie bad logo etc)
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/17/12 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is my size...... Maybe I can talk the price down after explaining that it's a factory error.
abortabort!
Rookie

Post Posted: 02/17/12 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Who knows maybe he'll jack up the price due to its unique-ness Rolling Eyes
Fraser Boy
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/18/12 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Hat Guru, how come you never post any pics of your hats? I noticed you seem to know more than the average board member, but never seen any of your collection!?!?
EllisBurks88
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/18/12 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fraser Boy wrote:
Hey Hat Guru, how come you never post any pics of your hats? I noticed you seem to know more than the average board member, but never seen any of your collection!?!?

Hat Guru is part of the modern marketing strategy - the term "embedded" is used over "spying", so that way they don't feel depressed about their work. But if you are making $$$ that should be the last worry if you have a job like that. I have a friend who gets paid to write code all day, but takes cash on the side trolling/counter-posting to 3 msg boards that deal with what I shall refer to as "Hat collecting for women AKA shoes" and get customer reactions as well as try to sway opinions on certain things - yet for something he could care less about he feels guilt that he is paid to lie and misinform - I tell him welcome to the future, and in the end he shouldn't feel guilty about it. The internet+social-media is the best info/disinfo tool around. Government/Corporations are at a point where they realize it may be better to just let it go on, since folks are tripping over each other to publish their diaries, thoughts, etc". Look at how the RIAA is doing. Victory for those who refuse to pay 15.99 for a material object that cost fractions of a dollar to produce and which fractions of a dollar go to the actual artist. Besides, if you thought that black car trailing you with the odd plates and passengers dressed in black suits/aviators is over that "Phoenix - Liszstomania" dl you took off a mediafire type site last week, don't worry, you aren't paranoid. Just the unfortunate witness of something you should not have seen or an alien abductee. Anyways, Hat Guru is none of the above, read this sentence twice. I was just having fun with being bored and besides having to use tinypic rather than "click, boom" can deter any guru, regardless of knowledge. My next post will apply to this Rockies cap, and the possibility that they(and perhaps the Braves?) have more than just away/alternate uniform changes coming. Not that they do - but reasons for why they could be being kept "secret".
cburm
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/18/12 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:
Fraser Boy wrote:

Hat Guru is part of the modern marketing strategy - the term "embedded" is used over "spying", so that way they don't feel depressed about their work. But if you are making $$$ that should be the last worry if you have a job like that. I have a friend who gets paid to write code all day, but takes cash on the side trolling/counter-posting to 3 msg boards that deal with what I shall refer to as "Hat collecting for women AKA shoes" and get customer reactions as well as try to sway opinions on certain things - yet for something he could care less about he feels guilt that he is paid to lie and misinform - I tell him welcome to the future, and in the end he shouldn't feel guilty about it. The internet+social-media is the best info/disinfo tool around. Government/Corporations are at a point where they realize it may be better to just let it go on, since folks are tripping over each other to publish their diaries, thoughts, etc". Look at how the RIAA is doing. Victory for those who refuse to pay 15.99 for a material object that cost fractions of a dollar to produce and which fractions of a dollar go to the actual artist. Besides, if you thought that black car trailing you with the odd plates and passengers dressed in black suits/aviators is over that "Phoenix - Liszstomania" dl you took off a mediafire type site last week, don't worry, you aren't paranoid. Just the unfortunate witness of something you should not have seen or an alien abductee. Anyways, Hat Guru is none of the above, read this sentence twice. I was just having fun with being bored and besides having to use tinypic rather than "click, boom" can deter any guru, regardless of knowledge. My next post will apply to this Rockies cap, and the possibility that they(and perhaps the Braves?) have more than just away/alternate uniform changes coming. Not that they do - but reasons for why they could be being kept "secret".

EllisBurks88
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/18/12 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cburm wrote:
EllisBurks88 wrote:
Fraser Boy wrote:

Is that Tim or Eric or neither? I wish I could figure the photo-smack out! What does it mean??!! Shocked Embarassed Very Happy
EllisBurks88
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/18/12 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone mentioned that when the Braves re-introduced the all-navy cap as an alt, that it wasn't even mentioned when the top was intro'd and fans discovered the caps on opening day(or something like that).

Teams take 3 roads it seems in marketing. Toronto took the high, by totally under-selling their team's new look except for statements like "A UK based firm has been hired to assist us" and "Our look will be more Canadian than ever". When the uni date unveiling dropped, Toronto remained calm and cool, letting the "new" look set in on it's own. Class(IMO).

Colorado may be taking the middle road - the cap from above may indeed be authentic, if the statements I read about the Braves alt when intro'd never mentioned or displayed a cap addition and fans didn't know until opening day. Not sure I have figured out the strategy for going ghost. It must do something re: pace of sales, etc. that only marketers see through their data. Could this also mean the Braves will just "have" a new alt for this new top as well? Braves gear bores me, so whatever. The only purple team I liked was the Rockies. It was done properly(except for the sleeveless jerseys), and the only all-purple cap I have ever liked is the Rockies. When I noticed that the brim is overlapped on purpose rather than "my hat sucks" made things only cooler. Purple also applies to team, city, and region identity. "Purple Mountain's Majesty, sweet land of liberty, blah blah blah blah". Mind-blowing, like when you(if you didn't from day one piece it together yourself, which for the younger crowd I can understand, since "Houston, we have a problem" is for the time being, a term from a previous era - if that doesn't apply well, you are not a baseball fan and don't get out much I guess).

Then the low road, which Miami has taken, clearly showing that the image of the team as well as year one in "Corporate Name Here(coming soon)" Stadium and the $$$ it lines Loria's pockets is worth more than winning. I'm sure the Marlins will be relevent this season, and who knows. But I don't see the new "look" or stadium being enough to attract fans to the games, which in FL are hell to go to, since I-95 both N and S during pre-game/first pitch is like waiting in line for death, or else it puts you in a mood to put others to death. The only thing keeping people away from Rays and Marlins games is lack of proper public transit. But yeah, screw Loria, I feel guilty I own new Marlins merch after reading about how he handled things in Montreal. Scumbag(My team's owner also has a hand in it and I know through their PR BS that "Sacred Fenway" only became so when Mayor Menino told the team to screw re: taxypayer funding. "Our intention was to remain in Fenway from before we purchased the team - wronnnngggggggg! I bet you also believe ESPN's claim how we are the smartest fans in the country due to winning in all 4 sports in a decade(multiples for MLB/NFL 1 each for the other 2). If there is one group of fans in this country I hate, it is my fellow Red Sox fans and the 95% of people in the area that began liking football when Bledsoe's injury put in Brady.
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: