MiLB hats (discussion)View previous topic :: View next topic  
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/19 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:
Heads up - I went to the San Jose Giants pre-season event today. All current in-stock Churros caps are made in USA. Team store manager says the next shipment will be made overseas. Get 'em now while you can.

Do you know if the regular hat, with the 30th patch on the side is US? The description says Domestic/Import. I don't know if that means US made with imported materials or they mixture of us and Imported trash.

I'd say 75% of the 30th Anniversary caps were USA made. There isn't much left but the ones I saw were all USA made.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/19 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:
Heads up - I went to the San Jose Giants pre-season event today. All current in-stock Churros caps are made in USA. Team store manager says the next shipment will be made overseas. Get 'em now while you can.

Do you know if the regular hat, with the 30th patch on the side is US? The description says Domestic/Import. I don't know if that means US made with imported materials or they mixture of us and Imported trash.

I'd say 75% of the 30th Anniversary caps were USA made. There isn't much left but the ones I saw were all USA made.

OK, thanks.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/05/19 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Randomly decided to email the Sounds store the other day to see if they had any made in the US inventory - got a friendly reply from their merchandise manager, Wade, that their new home, road and Alt 2 were all made in the US in 7 1/4. Decided to take the plunge on the home and alt 2. While they don’t look exciting the home is the best navy poly I’ve seen in some time - the fit is pretty true and the brim is fantastic. The Alt 2 has an ok bill, but the poly is again great and the navy stitching on the bill pretty much makes up for the semi flimsiness of the bill. The fit of the Alt 2 is pretty spectacular. So while the styles are pretty classic, and slightly boring in today’s MILB world, the quality is def up there. Pic: https://ibb.co/NZW1hKr
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/07/19 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
Randomly decided to email the Sounds store the other day to see if they had any made in the US inventory - got a friendly reply from their merchandise manager, Wade, that their new home, road and Alt 2 were all made in the US in 7 1/4. Decided to take the plunge on the home and alt 2. While they don’t look exciting the home is the best navy poly I’ve seen in some time - the fit is pretty true and the brim is fantastic. The Alt 2 has an ok bill, but the poly is again great and the navy stitching on the bill pretty much makes up for the semi flimsiness of the bill. The fit of the Alt 2 is pretty spectacular. So while the styles are pretty classic, and slightly boring in today’s MILB world, the quality is def up there. Pic: https://ibb.co/NZW1hKr

The Alt is pretty nice looking. How much was shipping?
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/11/19 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
shane618 wrote:

Standard MILB 8 bucks.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/11/19 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
shane618 wrote:

Standard MILB 8 bucks.

Thanks. I ordered from them, last year, and I couldn't remember. Very Happy
tducken

Post Posted: 04/22/19 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know anything about Delong minor league hats? Been seeing these pop up on ebay. I'm curious about the quality.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/24/19 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
tducken wrote:
Anyone know anything about Delong minor league hats? Been seeing these pop up on ebay. I'm curious about the quality.

Going back almost 20 years, we used Delong for all four years of high school. The hats were pretty standard for non-new era hats of the time - the crowns were not as high as the Diamond Collection, but were similar to ProLine hats. If i recall correctly the bills were a bit longer than the new era bills. Now, we were playing in them, but by the end of the season the crowns would shrink/wrinkle up pretty good - but again, not unusual for back then. May or may not have been the same models, but all of ours were fitted.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/25/19 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone else ever get pulled into the following Fanatics/Fansedge/MLB Shop endless cycle:

Me: Buys hat that says Made in the US in description
Item Arrives: Huge Crown, bad poly, clearly Made in China
Me: Contacts customer services about return, is told they will ship one that is made in the US, just ship the chinese one back.
New one comes: made in china.

Repeat.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/25/19 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tducken wrote:

DeLong caps are practically identical to the lower-quality fitted caps New Era used to offer with he more rectangular visor (still seen on snapbacks). They even used the same fabric as New Era. It's almost as if New Era made them under private label.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/26/19 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
Anyone else ever get pulled into the following Fanatics/Fansedge/MLB Shop endless cycle:

Me: Contacts customer services about return, is told they will ship one that is made in the US, just ship the chinese one back.

Repeat.

Don't trust the descriptions on Fanatics owned sites. When they originally put said hat up for sale it probably was US made. Through many restocks the hat itself never changed but the country of origins might have varied. They saw no need to change the description and besides they might have one style hat that they had for sale in US, Chino, and Bangladesh made depending on size and or restock date.

As for returning a Chino hat and getting a US made hat , good luck. Customer Service might tell you they will ship you a US made hat when you ship the old one back but all they will do is just ship another one out of the warehouse. 1st off the Customer Service is probably not even in the same place as the warehouse. No one is going to search though stock to get you a US made one. It's sad that it has come to this but you have to buy a hat a pray you get lucky with US made.

Best chance to get a US hat is contact the team store and they hopefully will search through their stock to find a hat for you assuming they even have US stock.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/26/19 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bamahater wrote:
shane618 wrote:

Repeat.

Don't trust the descriptions on Fanatics owned sites. When they originally put said hat up for sale it probably was US made. Through many restocks the hat itself never changed but the country of origins might have varied. They saw no need to change the description and besides they might have one style hat that they had for sale in US, Chino, and Bangladesh made depending on size and or restock date.

As for returning a Chino hat and getting a US made hat , good luck. Customer Service might tell you they will ship you a US made hat when you ship the old one back but all they will do is just ship another one out of the warehouse. 1st off the Customer Service is probably not even in the same place as the warehouse. No one is going to search though stock to get you a US made one. It's sad that it has come to this but you have to buy a hat a pray you get lucky with US made.

Best chance to get a US hat is contact the team store and they hopefully will search through their stock to find a hat for you assuming they even have US stock.

My first move is to always contact the team store - but Frederick is an odd duck. The store isn't open except during games. It basically a concession stand within the stadium - roll up roll down gate style. No online shop or inventory. So really, I was taking a flyer with the Fansedge MUSA - a year or so ago it was more reliable, but the longer it goes, the less likely any of those still listed as MUSA are at all MUSA.
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/30/19 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
bamahater wrote:
shane618 wrote:

Repeat.

My first move is to always contact the team store - but Frederick is an odd duck. The store isn't open except during games. It basically a concession stand within the stadium - roll up roll down gate style. No online shop or inventory. So really, I was taking a flyer with the Fansedge MUSA - a year or so ago it was more reliable, but the longer it goes, the less likely any of those still listed as MUSA are at all MUSA.

Every single hat at Frederick when I was there in 2017 was Chinese.
djtdawg

Post Posted: 04/30/19 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
It basically a concession stand within the stadium - roll up roll down gate style.

Laughing
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/30/19 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
bamahater wrote:
shane618 wrote:

Repeat.

The last time I was there (last season), all the hats were made in China. I think getting a MUSA Frederick Keys hat is a thing of the past.
Page 230 of 231   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: