SF Giants St. Patrick's Day New EraView previous topic :: View next topic  
cburm
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/17/12 4:07 pm    Post subject: SF Giants St. Patrick's Day New Era Reply with quote
I caught a few innings of the Giants Spring training game vs the A's today and saw the Giants were rocking green caps with orange logos. I was wondering if anyone had any info on them. Nothing on the Giants website. Anyone?
XclickX
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/17/12 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was watching the Phils-Jays spring training game as well and the Phillies had Green uniforms on and Green hats, but the hats were not fitted. Weak.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/17/12 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some teams are wearing fitteds, some are going with velcro strap-back adjustables. The caps are very rarely available in retail, you may want to check with the official team stores. I did see the Red Sox and Mets are going with fitteds.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LGMchris

Post Posted: 03/17/12 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Didn't look like an onfield had the new era flag on the side
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/17/12 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
Some teams are wearing fitteds, some are going with velcro strap-back adjustables. The caps are very rarely available in retail, you may want to check with the official team stores. I did see the Red Sox and Mets are going with fitteds.

Mets and Red Sox historically have gone with fitteds, most other teams seem to roll out adjustables and some teams like the Blue Jays just wore their normal game caps.

Interesting to note the Mets wore 5950's with the NE side flag, not to often do you see a MLB on field with the side flag, last time I recall were the Padres 2010 throwbacks.

As for buying the caps, the adjustables tend to show up on MLB Shop but the fitteds are much tougher to find I would suggest the Spring Training Team Shops first.

@ Cburn - I've gone to a number of the Giants ST games over the years and when they've done the green caps they've been adjustable and sold in the team shop in Scottsdale, did they wear fitteds this year?
LGMchris

Post Posted: 03/17/12 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

Mets and Red Sox historically have gone with fitteds, most other teams seem to roll out adjustables and some teams like the Blue Jays just wore their normal game caps.

Interesting to note the Mets wore 5950's with the NE side flag, not to often do you see a MLB on field with the side flag, last time I recall were the Padres 2010 throwbacks.

As for buying the caps, the adjustables tend to show up on MLB Shop but the fitteds are much tougher to find I would suggest the Spring Training Team Shops first.

@ Cburn - I've gone to a number of the Giants ST games over the years and when they've done the green caps they've been adjustable and sold in the team shop in Scottsdale, did they wear fitteds this year?

The giants wore fitteds as did the mets, both with the ne flag on the side
Saru415
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/17/12 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
john_doe
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/17/12 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saru415 wrote:

Is that an orange shamrock on the opposite side of the NE flag?

John
cburm
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/17/12 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

The hats I saw today were fitteds, and appeared to have, as John said, a orange shamrock on the side.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/17/12 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saru415 wrote:

Nice, where did you snag it? Wool or poly? USA or China?
Saru415
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/17/12 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
didn't mean to mislead anyone by showing the pic. I don't own this haha, I got this off the Giant's fanpage on facebook
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/17/12 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:

The Pirates "pillbox" caps worn that season (later on, they used American Needle earlier that season) also had the flag on the side.

Last year or the year before, I saw Giants and Red Sox St. Patty's Day on-fields without the flags in stores, and they were made in China. There may still be some in my area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/17/12 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
More notes: the Cubs, Braves, and Reds also wore adjustables and the Giants caps have gray undersides. Couldn't tell what color the other fitted caps are on the undersides.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/17/12 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: SF Giants St. Patrick's Day New Era Reply with quote
cburm wrote:
I caught a few innings of the Giants Spring training game vs the A's today and saw the Giants were rocking green caps with orange logos. I was wondering if anyone had any info on them. Nothing on the Giants website. Anyone?

I saw the Cubs vs. Rangers today in Vegas and the Cubs wore green hats, they just appeared to be Velcro and I don't think they were even New Era
Spike24
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/17/12 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw a few some players wearing that Giants cap today, you could barely tell it was a shamrock on the side, I thought I was looking at two New Era logos on the sides. That hat looks so much better in a pic up close. Not a fan of the green, just looks super odd, at least the Giants did a fitted though...I don't know about the velcro hats, I wonder who made them. does anybody know??
cburm wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

The hats I saw today were fitteds, and appeared to have, as John said, a orange shamrock on the side.

Page 1 of 6   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: