Are the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS going to trade SUNDIN?View previous topic :: View next topic  
NASH
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/10/08 5:44 pm    Post subject: Are the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS going to trade SUNDIN? Reply with quote
I think no, but they will definitley make some moves on deadline day.
kingjames
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/10/08 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trade him while his stock is high.
Get picks (2009 draft - The John Tarvares sweep stakes)
rizzo
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/10/08 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
would trade him to Colorado for draft picks and either Shattenkirk or Hensick or the Flames for draft picks and either Dustin Boyd, Daniel Ryder or Michael Backlund or perhaps to Columbus for a deal that includes Vorecek or Brule and some picks (although I am sure Mats wouldn't waive his clause for Columbus
seth

Post Posted: 01/10/08 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
in todays nhl it isnt as easy as that to trade a guy on his twilight of his career but if they could get a deal done they should maybe try to get the first rounder of this years pick,so a deal with Tampa would be realistic,maybe St.Louis and a draft pick
i860
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/10/08 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seth honeslty they should trade him now for high round picks, as well as get rid of some older guys like Tucker and McCabe (Antropov and Ponikarovsky for another waterboy...what a steal!). Give Blake the C (I would've said Kaberle, but LITY said that captains has to pass some language test and his English isn't the greatest) and bring up some younger guys and build up.
clemens
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/10/08 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If the Leafs keep Sundin, they're doomed to several more years of mediocrity. Whereas if they trade him... they're doomed to several more years of mediocrity. Now, if they can trade Ferguson, they may have something else to blame their 41-year Cup drought on.
thegraduate
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/10/08 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Or just trade him straight up for hasek
claw
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/12/08 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chris Kunitz a 1st round pick and a future consideration - Mats Sundin and 8th round pick (thats the rumour from anaheim)------- but it looks like vancouver is the front runner
common
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/14/08 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wouldnt be surprised if they do. The beleaguered Toronto Maple Leafs are taking steps to try to replace general manager John Ferguson Jr. Sources tell TSN that the Leafs have contacted a number of hockey management types to gauge their interest in the job, which is currently held by Ferguson, and, in fact, have asked former Leaf GM Cliff Fletcher if he is interested in taking over as interim GM of the NHL club.

tony soprano
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/19/08 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No they wont!!!!!!!They cant afford to trade him
Williams
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/21/08 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the problem dosent only lay on the ice but above also above it in the office. They need to make a move and I dont only mean trade, I mean clean house upstairs
hulk
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/23/08 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cliff Fletcher served notice to the players when he was hired to replace GM John Ferguson. They came out with a convincing win against the Capitals 3-2
chump
Beginner

Post Posted: 02/04/08 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
He has value to a team that needs a veteran and mature leader like Columbus, Atlanta or Pittsburgh but his value is probably less than what the Leafs will want for him. He is in the last part of his career and maybe has 2 or 3 good seasons left. After that, he will be a slow, old guy in a league built for speed and endurance. I don't see a lot of teams lining up to snatch him from Toronto.
Iron

Post Posted: 02/04/08 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If he goes anywhere it will be a team contending for the Cup and proabably to the western conference. Most teams do that so the trade doesn't come back to bite them later on when the player plays against them. In Sundin's case though, he would have to waive his no trade clause before talks even start about him going else where. But my guesses would be Anaheim, Vancouver, or maybe even Colorado.
james
Rookie

Post Posted: 02/06/08 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes they are and they should by this friday
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> General Off Topic (New)

Jump to: