2014 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/25/13 5:24 pm    Post subject: 2014 Authentic Collection Reply with quote
So how bout them new Padres uniforms/caps that are rumored to be on their way for 2014? Not to mention the greatest Opening Weekend side-patch EVER:

Oh ya, can't wait to yell at someone months from now and re-direct them to this thread. First time for everything! All rumors and photos ripped from Creamer's forum.

I know it's only the end of August, but it's never too early!
tigerfanjoe
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/25/13 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Almost started a thread about this. Maybe we will get to see taco bells in USA at retail. Would be nice.......
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/25/13 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
never to early i agree!..good work on getting it started ellisburks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/25/13 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree never too early. Here are my guesses are next year:

Milwaukee Brewers - gold visor to match the gold alt.
Washington Nationals - White Crown with Red "W". Why not? Three new hats, in 3 years.
San Diego Padres - home, road, alt, - everything
Tampa Bay Rays - Comublia Blue visor
Texas Rangers - Red Crown w/Blue Visor & Blue Crown & Red Visor - just so they can have the most combination possibilities.
Los Angeles Angels - add an "LA" road cap

That is a good start.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/25/13 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dahatman496 wrote:
I agree never too early. Here are my guesses are next year:

Milwaukee Brewers - gold visor to match the gold alt.
Washington Nationals - White Crown with Red "W". Why not? Three new hats, in 3 years.
San Diego Padres - home, road, alt, - everything
Tampa Bay Rays - Comublia Blue visor
Texas Rangers - Red Crown w/Blue Visor & Blue Crown & Red Visor - just so they can have the most combination possibilities.
Los Angeles Angels - add an "LA" road cap

That is a good start.

i agree with the brewers..good chance they will have 10+ or so special event caps again haha. i like your guesses man,i would love to see all those happen..really like the idea of an LA or LAA cap..the blue visor would def. help the rays cap look less boring..and i know im in the miniority here,but i like the rangers caps alot..even the way they are now..i dont want to see those change,unless the go back to the caps they used when nolan ryan was there
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/25/13 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Padres won't be 2014, they will be 2015 at the earliest as they just started looking at changes.

Angels may have limitations on wearing an 'LA' cap full time per their settlement with the city of Anaheim hence their proper name: Los Angelas Angels of Anaheim.

I haven't heard anything yet for 2014, usually that info gets circulated in Sept. the Pirates are doing a rebrand of their Buccaneer logo but not sure if it will translate into a new hat. I would bet we would see a new DE than alt but never say never.

If I was to guess and this is pure guess, I think we see more teams add DE than AC's.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/25/13 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Padres won't be 2014, they will be 2015 at the earliest as they just started looking at changes.

I hope the main color isn't blue for new Padres unis. I'd rather it be another color that starts with "b", the kind they used to wear.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/25/13 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

I hope the main color isn't blue for new Padres unis. I'd rather it be another color that starts with "b", the kind they used to wear.

Mike Dee is the CEO and was the one that made the remarks that they would look at the uniforms. He oversaw the Dolphins' recent changes, I am not sure that inspires a lot of confidence in me.

I really fear some sort of navy/brown mess.

All they need to do is Blue Jay their 1969 set and they are golden.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/25/13 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:

Angels may have limitations on wearing an 'LA' cap full time per their settlement with the city of Anaheim hence their proper name: Los Angelas Angels of Anaheim.

I haven't heard anything yet for 2014, usually that info gets circulated in Sept. the Pirates are doing a rebrand of their Buccaneer logo but not sure if it will translate into a new hat. I would bet we would see a new DE than alt but never say never.

If I was to guess and this is pure guess, I think we see more teams add DE than AC's.

boo on more DE's...i feel like im wearing a top hat when i wear the one i got ha
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/25/13 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

Mike Dee is the CEO and was the one that made the remarks that they would look at the uniforms. He oversaw the Dolphins' recent changes, I am not sure that inspires a lot of confidence in me.

I heard a rumor that Brandiose is doing the rebrand. I know they are based out of San Diego. They also like original colors so things are pointing the right direction.
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/25/13 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tigerfanjoe wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

I heard a rumor that Brandiose is doing the rebrand. I know they are based out of San Diego. They also like original colors so things are pointing the right direction.

Jason and Casey are doing the rebrand for the Padres Triple A team that is moving from Tucson to El Paso. Hopefully that was a trial ballon and they will do the big league club.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/26/13 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

Dee was also appointed by the Henry ownership to oversee the Red Sox uniform changes prior to their debut in 2009. The "Hanging Sox" cap - remember it? Hasn't seen on-field action in more than two years.
MrCWS83
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/26/13 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll hold out hope for a DE BP for Kansas City like LEROY712 came up from my idea, ie Mets and Reds
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/26/13 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would say the Padres can't get any worse, but I said that before, too. I really liked the sand road uniforms and they destroyed that set to create one of the blandest looks in recent memory. Surely they will finally see sense and go back to brown. Padres buzz is nonexistent in this town, and that's one of the few things they could do (besides actually spend money on the team, what a concept!) to get people talking again.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/26/13 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aren't the Mariners considering some changes as well? Does anyone know if that is slated for 2014?
Page 1 of 67   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: