2014 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/06/13 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LEROY712 wrote:
Well since next year The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim will be dropping the Anaheim I created this concept. I hope they will use "LA" on the road at some point.

thats awesome man...i would love to see that cap!
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/06/13 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LEROY712 wrote:
Well since next year The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim will be dropping the Anaheim I created this concept. I hope they will use "LA" on the road at some point.

Dat dope
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/06/13 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one is dope.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/06/13 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd assume that the "A" would just stand for Angels from here on out.
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/06/13 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
I'd assume that the "A" would just stand for Angels from here on out.

Technically it always has. But now they are free to use "LA" on caps, jerseys etc. Hey when money can be made.......it's the MLB way!
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/09/13 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is a sweet concept. I'd love to see them return to navy as their primary color. Anaheim getting axed from the name is also a long overdue and welcome sign.
Jaysfan
Rookie

Post Posted: 09/11/13 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LEROY712 wrote:

This is epic man
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 09/12/13 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, I like the old padres unis' and hats as well but face it. The brown will only ever be tbtc games. People in San Diego may love it, but pee yellow and doo doo brown won't sell on a national level. Confused
MrCWS83
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/02/13 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ESPN UNI watch leaked potential 2014 Spring Training/BP jerseys
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3792/10022993486_648200217b_o.png

Doesn't appear to be a change for Padres or Mariners but nothing is set in stone
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/02/13 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LaughingIndian wrote:
Guys, I like the old padres unis' and hats as well but face it. The brown will only ever be tbtc games. People in San Diego may love it, but pee yellow and doo doo brown won't sell on a national level. Confused

What they have now doesn't sell nationally anyways. Might as well make the home crowd happy! Plus any change a team does will initially give merchandise boosts regardless. I personally think we will see an Astros like neo retro snooze fest for the rebrand. I hope I am wrong.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/02/13 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LEROY712 wrote:
LaughingIndian wrote:

What they have now doesn't sell nationally anyways. Might as well make the home crowd happy! Plus any change a team does will initially give merchandise boosts regardless. I personally think we will see an Astros like neo retro snooze fest for the rebrand. I hope I am wrong.

The early tea leaves are saying they like the '48 PCL set and believe the fans do too, red, white and blue....yay.

Sigh.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/02/13 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrCWS83 wrote:
ESPN UNI watch leaked potential 2014 Spring Training/BP jerseys
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3792/10022993486_648200217b_o.png

Doesn't appear to be a change for Padres or Mariners but nothing is set in stone

Padres are not changing until 2015 at the earliest, they just started looking at options and have until next May to submit a request for a change.

I keep hearing conflicting things on the Mariners, they are changing, they aren't changing until I see a sales sheet with new merch I am going with no change.
MrCWS83
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/02/13 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
I keep hearing conflicting things on the Mariners, they are changing, they aren't changing until I see a sales sheet with new merch I am going with no change.

What typically drives a uniform change beyond a perk of merchandise sales? I mean classic uniforms rarely get messed with, seems like teams with success and tradition don't change often if much at all
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/03/13 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrCWS83 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

What typically drives a uniform change beyond a perk of merchandise sales? I mean classic uniforms rarely get messed with, seems like teams with success and tradition don't change often if much at all

Sometimes it is a change in ownership but largely it is driven by merchandise sales and trying to boost them. Teams like the Dodgers, Yankees, Cardinals, Red Sox, Cubs, Giants etc have a deep and loyal following so all they need to do is sit back and count the cash. But you can see even those teams are trying to cash in further with more alt jerseys, multiple BP's as well as the league wide special event hats.

Teams like that also have built generational fans who have an emotional tie to the exisiting identity set and were the Yankees to announce tomorrow they were changing to a gold, purple and plaid scheme $%#^ would probably get broke.

...they still probably outsell the Rays.
MrCWS83
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/03/13 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't want to see the Mariners change uniforms. What identity they have IMO is with the current set they have. It's been slightly altered (numbers & font) since 1993 but always been about the same scheme. Since then has been what success the Mariners organization has had. That's why I'd like to see Seattle stick to what they've got.

San Diego has changed identities numerous times going from yellow and brown to brown and orange to navy and orange to navy and gold and even some green if I recollect a cap along with their current mixed in with a sprinkle of camouflage. They've had success making the playoffs and even World Series with numerous schemes so it's tough to decide what to truly associate the Padres with!

I'd like to see KC do an alternate homage to the Negro Leagues Monarchs, other than the one or two games a year they don it in Salute to the Negro Leagues games. Do like the White Sox have done for the past two seasons, wearing Sunday homes of years past.
Page 3 of 67   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: