2014 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyPlush26
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/31/14 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They should recreate the 2002 cap but instead of having an orange shadow on the SF the shadow should be gold and the brim stitching should be gold as well.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/31/14 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TonyPlush26 wrote:
They should recreate the 2002 cap but instead of having an orange shadow on the SF the shadow should be gold and the brim stitching should be gold as well.

That's what I had on mind but w/o the gold stitching. A gold trimming around the logo or a drop shadow
ironpatriotbaseball

Post Posted: 11/01/14 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I might be in the minority but I think they should bust out a black jersey similar ro their spring training jersey with orange Giants font and gold backdrop or gold Giants font with orange backdrop. For the hat whatever would look better with the black jersey and cream pants.
ironpatriotbaseball

Post Posted: 11/02/14 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I was on my way back from boise to go home to phoenix two weeks ago I had a one hour layover in sf int airport. I saw plenty of WS patch hats that were usa made. So if anybody lives in the area and is willing to go to the airport you might find some left there.
CaLizFyNesT
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/02/14 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just went to two lids stores to pick up another ws hat and they were all sold out of my size and the women there said they wouldn't get anymore. I find that hard to believe since they just won a few days ago.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/02/14 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CaLizFyNesT wrote:
I just went to two lids stores to pick up another ws hat and they were all sold out of my size and the women there said they wouldn't get anymore. I find that hard to believe since they just won a few days ago.

I hit up three Lids and two Hat Clubs today and got the same response, I slept a little too long on getting the Giants hat lol
Fudopi
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/02/14 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CaLizFyNesT wrote:

lids where I'm at (although it's nowhere near california) didn't have any of either team either.

also I noticed... I haven't bought any of the hats with the new chromaflex patches or whatever, I don't really like those. I was looking at a few a couple days ago at lids and the patches had creases in them from how they fold the hats on the shelves. the older patches didn't get that. and they looked oddly shiny.
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/02/14 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
While shopping for some WS champions gear, the guy at the Lids said that the WS ring ceremony hats will be in around Black Friday. Really early compared to the last few times. Like a few of few, have been told that these are the only WS patch hats they will be getting. I'm a bit skeptical about it
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/02/14 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Izzy2014 wrote:
While shopping for some WS champions gear, the guy at the Lids said that the WS ring ceremony hats will be in around Black Friday. Really early compared to the last few times. Like a few of few, have been told that these are the only WS patch hats they will be getting. I'm a bit skeptical about it

I wouldn't believe that. The Red Sox World Series champions cap that was released last November never saw the baseball field.
CaLizFyNesT
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/02/14 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Izzy2014 wrote:

I am shocked that new era is slacking on production of the WS caps. I mean they won it last week and there's no stock, along with workers saying they will not receive anymore.

I bought 2 caps already before they won but one stretched out a little and now doesn't fit.

I went to two different lids today and they only had 8 in my size between the two stores and they were all Chinese made, so I passed altogether.

I was going to order the hats online but the 20% does not work online. I spoke with a rep online and she said the hat is not eligible.
Izzy2014
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/03/14 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CaLizFyNesT wrote:
Izzy2014 wrote:

I am shocked that new era is slacking on production of the WS caps. I mean they won it last week and there's no stock, along with workers saying they will not receive anymore.

I bought 2 caps already before they won but one stretched out a little and now doesn't fit.

I went to two different lids today and they only had 8 in my size between the two stores and they were all Chinese made, so I passed altogether.

I was going to order the hats online but the 20% does not work online. I spoke with a rep online and she said the hat is not eligible.

Pretty crazy, in Sac, the Lids at Arden Fair have all-Chinese made WS hats while at The Galleria in Roseville, both Lids and New Era have a good amount of US-made hats. When I was at Sun Valley Mall in Concord, the Lids there had a good amount of US-made hats
Bruins17

Post Posted: 11/03/14 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was looking on Fanatics for WS Giants gear and came across this hat:

http://www.fanatics.com/MLB_San_Francisco_Giants_Hats/San_Francisco_Giants_New_Era_2014_World_Series_Champions_Side_Patch_Fitted_Hat__Black_Orange

It's an on field, but the WS patch on the side says "Champions". I've never seen anything like this before...is this the first year that New Era has made something like this?
Engine74
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/03/14 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That looks like a generic one. The have jerseys out right now that WS champ patches on the sleeve. They are normally different logos than the WS logo. Also right now they are getting the casual fans money who is caught up in the win. As for finding WS hats New Era is only going to produce what they are going to sell and stores are only going to order what they will sell so they are not sitting dead stock. By going to the WS two time in the last 3 years they had an idea of what they had a real good idea of what the would sell.
AnyFreeUsername

Post Posted: 11/03/14 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bruins17 wrote:
I was looking on Fanatics for WS Giants gear and came across this hat:

http://www.fanatics.com/MLB_San_Francisco_Giants_Hats/San_Francisco_Giants_New_Era_2014_World_Series_Champions_Side_Patch_Fitted_Hat__Black_Orange

It's an on field, but the WS patch on the side says "Champions". I've never seen anything like this before...is this the first year that New Era has made something like this?

Fanatics can suck a fat one. But it's interesting they have that, I'm not even seeing it on NE's website.

Fish
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/03/14 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
NE is triple dipping again with WS patch, WS Champs patch and likely a ring ceremony hat.

They did it last year with the Red Sox.

The Ring Ceremony hat will be out next spring, the Lids employee is referring to the Champ patch hat that will likely be hitting all retail this week.

As for why WS patch hats are hard to find it because retail generally doesn't like to be sitting on goods that have a limited shelf life, NE has something else to roll out (ie the Champs hat) and they likely only had so many '2014 World Series Patches' as something like that is something you want to use up as quickly as possible.
Page 65 of 67   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: