2016 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/01/15 7:08 pm    Post subject: 2016 Authentic Collection Reply with quote
Too early? Not for me...especially with the possibility of this BS being "Fo' Ril":

Did I read the other day on a separate thread that the 2016 MLB season could be the beginning of the end for the classic MLB AC 5950? That the Diamond-Error is upon us? I hope this was a veteran forum user's idea of a joke(if that is indeed the case, good one: you have me going good), I really do.

Before I post my rambling rant on how I feel about DE's, does anyone have anything to add to the above rumor? Besides that, has anyone heard through official channels, word of mouth, or as far as you know - rumor only - about team uniform changes, specifically to the caps? New caps, caps being retired, et cetera.

Finally - I take it San Diego is not doing a rebrand? Just trying to kill or keep the flame alight of rumors 3-4 years old. In hindsight - the Seattle rumors from 2014 were true, cream uni's and a new cap(which was cool, but could have been a lot cooler if it had a star and an upside down trident).
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/01/15 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 Authentic Collection Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:
Too early? Not for me...especially with the possibility of this BS being "Fo' Ril":

Did I read the other day on a separate thread that the 2016 MLB season could be the beginning of the end for the classic MLB AC 5950? That the Diamond-Error is upon us? I hope this was a veteran forum user's idea of a joke(if that is indeed the case, good one: you have me going good), I really do.

Before I post my rambling rant on how I feel about DE's, does anyone have anything to add to the above rumor? Besides that, has anyone heard through official channels, word of mouth, or as far as you know - rumor only - about team uniform changes, specifically to the caps? New caps, caps being retired, et cetera.

Finally - I take it San Diego is not doing a rebrand? Just trying to kill or keep the flame alight of rumors 3-4 years old. In hindsight - the Seattle rumors from 2014 were true, cream uni's and a new cap(which was cool, but could have been a lot cooler if it had a star and an upside down trident).

Well, there is this. Now is from 2 years ago. I don't know if there is any truth to it or not. God, I hope not. I am not a fan of DEs.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2013/10/10/source-new-mlb-caps-in-2014/
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/02/15 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
never too early! as for the de stuff,it seems we have been hearing this or that for a few years now,until it actually happens i wont believe it ya know.
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/02/15 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope after this next big push of DE's when no one really buys them (again) that they just designate them to BP hats ONLY.
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/02/15 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
never too early! as for the de stuff,it seems we have been hearing this or that for a few years now,until it actually happens i wont believe it ya know.

I agree with this. Every one of these threads seems to starts out with concerns about Diamond Era replacing current poly on fields. Until it happens, i'm not going to freak out. Even when it happens, I wont freak out. If they're all chinese, i'll just stop buying. If they're made in the USA, i'll still buy a few occasionally.

In my opinion, the energy used on the hatred and vitriol towards Diamond Era caps should be bottled up and used in regards to Chinese made caps. In my experience, chinese caps are much more of a travesty than Diamond Era material is.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/02/15 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

I agree with this. Every one of these threads seems to starts out with concerns about Diamond Era replacing current poly on fields. Until it happens, i'm not going to freak out. Even when it happens, I wont freak out. If they're all chinese, i'll just stop buying. If they're made in the USA, i'll still buy a few occasionally.

In my opinion, the energy used on the hatred and vitriol towards Diamond Era caps should be bottled up and used in regards to Chinese made caps. In my experience, chinese caps are much more of a travesty than Diamond Era material is.

Well, the only DEs I have ever seen are Chinese, so...
CMPunk
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/02/15 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I get what he's saying though. I find DE's are better and much more wearable than a lot of Chinese AC's. Anyway, it sounds like more DE in '16 but not a phase out of poly yet.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/02/15 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Polys aren't going anywhere yet as sales on the DE's have not been very good.

New DE program that will tie it with a jersey program. It's going to be...well as I said before it's a mixed bag depending on your perspective.

At least two teams are doing tweaks/rebrands that may or may not involve new AC's, haven't heard anything on new alts etc but with nearly 30 new DE's that's where the focus will likely be.
CMPunk
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/02/15 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DE's aren't selling well so NE's strategy is to flood the market with more. Classic.

So a jersey program must come from MLB then? They're actually gonna force the Yankees to wear new uniforms for the first time in 100 years?
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/02/15 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:

New DE program that will tie it with a jersey program. It's going to be...well as I said before it's a mixed bag depending on your perspective.

At least two teams are doing tweaks/rebrands that may or may not involve new AC's, haven't heard anything on new alts etc but with nearly 30 new DE's that's where the focus will likely be.

Any clues on the tweaks/rebrands or should we just wait for details to leak after the World Series?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/02/15 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

Any clues on the tweaks/rebrands or should we just wait for details to leak after the World Series?

One should have been obvious after the ASG....
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/03/15 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

I'm looking at you Padres
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/03/15 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

Oh, how I wish they would bring back the brown... Something tells me we'll see a strange hybrid.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/03/15 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

Oh, how I wish they would bring back the brown... Something tells me we'll see a strange hybrid.

I'm thinking they're going with Chargers colors
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/05/15 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

Well, the only DEs I have ever seen are Chinese, so...

You've never seen any of the 2013 or 2014 4th of July stars and stripes?
Page 1 of 132   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: