2016 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/05/15 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
never too early! as for the de stuff,it seems we have been hearing this or that for a few years now,until it actually happens i wont believe it ya know.

I agree with this. Every one of these threads seems to starts out with concerns about Diamond Era replacing current poly on fields. Until it happens, i'm not going to freak out. Even when it happens, I wont freak out. If they're all chinese, i'll just stop buying. If they're made in the USA, i'll still buy a few occasionally.

In my opinion, the energy used on the hatred and vitriol towards Diamond Era caps should be bottled up and used in regards to Chinese made caps. In my experience, chinese caps are much more of a travesty than Diamond Era material is.

Well, the only DEs I have ever seen are Chinese, so...

You've never seen any of the 2013 or 2014 4th of July stars and stripes?

I also own USA made DEs for the Nashville Sounds.
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/05/15 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
never too early! as for the de stuff,it seems we have been hearing this or that for a few years now,until it actually happens i wont believe it ya know.

I agree with this. Every one of these threads seems to starts out with concerns about Diamond Era replacing current poly on fields. Until it happens, i'm not going to freak out. Even when it happens, I wont freak out. If they're all chinese, i'll just stop buying. If they're made in the USA, i'll still buy a few occasionally.

In my opinion, the energy used on the hatred and vitriol towards Diamond Era caps should be bottled up and used in regards to Chinese made caps. In my experience, chinese caps are much more of a travesty than Diamond Era material is.

True, and a bunch of the Blue Jays (blue I believe?) DE's are USA made too.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/05/15 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
I'm thinking they're going with Chargers colors

I'm not a big fan of that idea, but anything is better than the "we love the 40s PCL Padres blue and red" that one clueless exec was spouting off about a couple of years ago. 3/4 of the league is seemingly blue and red, you've got what's left of your meager fanbase begging to be thrown a bone, and you just refuse to go back to brown? Ridiculous.

I understand that right now they have two revenue streams (current gear and throwback) making money, and that could very well be the reason behind the reluctance to bring back brown. But it still sucks.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/05/15 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

True, and a bunch of the Blue Jays (blue I believe?) DE's are USA made too.

The red one for some reason I have never been able to figure out.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/05/15 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't have an issue with the occasional alternate being DE but to move to that primarily or exclusively? No thanks.

On a related note, someone mentioned earlier about a new uniform program next year. Is there any public information on that yet?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/05/15 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
I don't have an issue with the occasional alternate being DE but to move to that primarily or exclusively? No thanks.

On a related note, someone mentioned earlier about a new uniform program next year. Is there any public information on that yet?

No.

It's tied in with the DE's.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/05/15 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. Is 2016 the year where a lot of teams change their DE hats? I know that, historically, it was done every few years.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/05/15 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
Thanks. Is 2016 the year where a lot of teams change their DE hats? I know that, historically, it was done every few years.

All.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/05/15 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
soooo does that mean Ross is going to be a goldmine for previous de caps??? i can't wait ha
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/05/15 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
jfi wrote:

All.

Every single team is changing there caps? Should be interesting to see
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/05/15 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hoping the D-Backs use the DB snakehead for their new DE
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/05/15 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
Hoping the D-Backs use the DB snakehead for their new DE

It's going to have their new mascot on it. A corn dog.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/06/15 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

I've seen them, put never handled one. Honestly, never paid attention where they were made.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/06/15 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:

I understand that right now they have two revenue streams (current gear and throwback) making money, and that could very well be the reason behind the reluctance to bring back brown. But it still sucks.

I think that is exactly why they don't, same reason the Brewers don't drop the gold and navy and back to the lighter blue and yellow. They just wear that on Fridays or whatever.
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/06/15 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

I've seen them, put never handled one. Honestly, never paid attention where they were made.

They're actually pretty nice. Still not as good as on field Poly that's USA made, but much better than the chinese DE's. I love the fit.
Page 2 of 132   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: