2016 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict


Joined: 01 Apr 2011
Posts: 3125
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post Posted: 10/05/15 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
never too early! as for the de stuff,it seems we have been hearing this or that for a few years now,until it actually happens i wont believe it ya know.


I agree with this. Every one of these threads seems to starts out with concerns about Diamond Era replacing current poly on fields. Until it happens, i'm not going to freak out. Even when it happens, I wont freak out. If they're all chinese, i'll just stop buying. If they're made in the USA, i'll still buy a few occasionally.

In my opinion, the energy used on the hatred and vitriol towards Diamond Era caps should be bottled up and used in regards to Chinese made caps. In my experience, chinese caps are much more of a travesty than Diamond Era material is.


Well, the only DEs I have ever seen are Chinese, so...


You've never seen any of the 2013 or 2014 4th of July stars and stripes?

I also own USA made DEs for the Nashville Sounds.
_________________
Visit my blog @ http://neweramlb.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 777
Location: Utah

Post Posted: 10/05/15 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
never too early! as for the de stuff,it seems we have been hearing this or that for a few years now,until it actually happens i wont believe it ya know.


I agree with this. Every one of these threads seems to starts out with concerns about Diamond Era replacing current poly on fields. Until it happens, i'm not going to freak out. Even when it happens, I wont freak out. If they're all chinese, i'll just stop buying. If they're made in the USA, i'll still buy a few occasionally.

In my opinion, the energy used on the hatred and vitriol towards Diamond Era caps should be bottled up and used in regards to Chinese made caps. In my experience, chinese caps are much more of a travesty than Diamond Era material is.


Well, the only DEs I have ever seen are Chinese, so...


You've never seen any of the 2013 or 2014 4th of July stars and stripes?

I also own USA made DEs for the Nashville Sounds.


True, and a bunch of the Blue Jays (blue I believe?) DE's are USA made too.
_________________
Twitter: @LegalAmerican4
Instagram: LegalAmerican2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baby dhibs
Platinum Member


Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 601
Location: Beaverton, OR

Post Posted: 10/05/15 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
I'm thinking they're going with Chargers colors


I'm not a big fan of that idea, but anything is better than the "we love the 40s PCL Padres blue and red" that one clueless exec was spouting off about a couple of years ago. 3/4 of the league is seemingly blue and red, you've got what's left of your meager fanbase begging to be thrown a bone, and you just refuse to go back to brown? Ridiculous.

I understand that right now they have two revenue streams (current gear and throwback) making money, and that could very well be the reason behind the reluctance to bring back brown. But it still sucks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 3373

Post Posted: 10/05/15 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
never too early! as for the de stuff,it seems we have been hearing this or that for a few years now,until it actually happens i wont believe it ya know.


I agree with this. Every one of these threads seems to starts out with concerns about Diamond Era replacing current poly on fields. Until it happens, i'm not going to freak out. Even when it happens, I wont freak out. If they're all chinese, i'll just stop buying. If they're made in the USA, i'll still buy a few occasionally.

In my opinion, the energy used on the hatred and vitriol towards Diamond Era caps should be bottled up and used in regards to Chinese made caps. In my experience, chinese caps are much more of a travesty than Diamond Era material is.


Well, the only DEs I have ever seen are Chinese, so...


You've never seen any of the 2013 or 2014 4th of July stars and stripes?

I also own USA made DEs for the Nashville Sounds.


True, and a bunch of the Blue Jays (blue I believe?) DE's are USA made too.


The red one for some reason I have never been able to figure out.
_________________
It's always a better day when you're in a hat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfi
Platinum Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 914

Post Posted: 10/05/15 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't have an issue with the occasional alternate being DE but to move to that primarily or exclusively? No thanks.

On a related note, someone mentioned earlier about a new uniform program next year. Is there any public information on that yet?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 3373

Post Posted: 10/05/15 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
I don't have an issue with the occasional alternate being DE but to move to that primarily or exclusively? No thanks.

On a related note, someone mentioned earlier about a new uniform program next year. Is there any public information on that yet?


No.

It's tied in with the DE's.
_________________
It's always a better day when you're in a hat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfi
Platinum Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 914

Post Posted: 10/05/15 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. Is 2016 the year where a lot of teams change their DE hats? I know that, historically, it was done every few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 3373

Post Posted: 10/05/15 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
Thanks. Is 2016 the year where a lot of teams change their DE hats? I know that, historically, it was done every few years.


All.
_________________
It's always a better day when you're in a hat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ravens7
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 2541
Location: Washington D.C.

Post Posted: 10/05/15 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
soooo does that mean Ross is going to be a goldmine for previous de caps??? i can't wait ha
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
southpaw33
Legend/Addict


Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Posts: 1043

Post Posted: 10/05/15 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
jfi wrote:
Thanks. Is 2016 the year where a lot of teams change their DE hats? I know that, historically, it was done every few years.


All.


Every single team is changing there caps? Should be interesting to see
_________________
Hat collection: http://murraya33.wix.com/southpawshats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Azfan
New Era Addict


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 365
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post Posted: 10/05/15 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hoping the D-Backs use the DB snakehead for their new DE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict


Joined: 01 Apr 2011
Posts: 3125
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post Posted: 10/05/15 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
Hoping the D-Backs use the DB snakehead for their new DE

It's going to have their new mascot on it. A corn dog.
_________________
Visit my blog @ http://neweramlb.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict


Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 2097
Location: NE Ohio

Post Posted: 10/06/15 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
never too early! as for the de stuff,it seems we have been hearing this or that for a few years now,until it actually happens i wont believe it ya know.


I agree with this. Every one of these threads seems to starts out with concerns about Diamond Era replacing current poly on fields. Until it happens, i'm not going to freak out. Even when it happens, I wont freak out. If they're all chinese, i'll just stop buying. If they're made in the USA, i'll still buy a few occasionally.

In my opinion, the energy used on the hatred and vitriol towards Diamond Era caps should be bottled up and used in regards to Chinese made caps. In my experience, chinese caps are much more of a travesty than Diamond Era material is.


Well, the only DEs I have ever seen are Chinese, so...


You've never seen any of the 2013 or 2014 4th of July stars and stripes?


I've seen them, put never handled one. Honestly, never paid attention where they were made.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict


Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 2097
Location: NE Ohio

Post Posted: 10/06/15 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:


I understand that right now they have two revenue streams (current gear and throwback) making money, and that could very well be the reason behind the reluctance to bring back brown. But it still sucks.


I think that is exactly why they don't, same reason the Brewers don't drop the gold and navy and back to the lighter blue and yellow. They just wear that on Fridays or whatever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 777
Location: Utah

Post Posted: 10/06/15 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
never too early! as for the de stuff,it seems we have been hearing this or that for a few years now,until it actually happens i wont believe it ya know.


I agree with this. Every one of these threads seems to starts out with concerns about Diamond Era replacing current poly on fields. Until it happens, i'm not going to freak out. Even when it happens, I wont freak out. If they're all chinese, i'll just stop buying. If they're made in the USA, i'll still buy a few occasionally.

In my opinion, the energy used on the hatred and vitriol towards Diamond Era caps should be bottled up and used in regards to Chinese made caps. In my experience, chinese caps are much more of a travesty than Diamond Era material is.


Well, the only DEs I have ever seen are Chinese, so...


You've never seen any of the 2013 or 2014 4th of July stars and stripes?


I've seen them, put never handled one. Honestly, never paid attention where they were made.


They're actually pretty nice. Still not as good as on field Poly that's USA made, but much better than the chinese DE's. I love the fit.
_________________
Twitter: @LegalAmerican4
Instagram: LegalAmerican2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Page 2 of 132   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum