2016 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/11/16 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
http://m.mlbshop.com/Men/Mens_New_York_Yankees_New_Era_Navy_Authentic_Collection_Official_Commemorative_Patch_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat

Aroid!!! What a disgrace.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 08/11/16 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Only disgrace is how they're treating him. Hope they throw some retirement merch together eventually.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/11/16 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
XclickX wrote:

I like how they don't reference Rodriguez in the listing name or show a good shot of the patch. It's almost like they want compulsive cap buyers to pick this up without knowing who it's honoring. Laughing
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/11/16 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
XclickX wrote:

I like how they don't reference Rodriguez in the listing name or show a good shot of the patch. It's almost like they want compulsive cap buyers to pick this up without knowing who it's honoring. Laughing

The lack of reference was half the reason I posted - it's pretty hilarious. I think cmpunk is trying to instigate...it's hard, but in not taking the bait. Razz
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/12/16 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
XclickX wrote:

The lack of reference was half the reason I posted - it's pretty hilarious. I think cmpunk is trying to instigate...it's hard, but in not taking the bait. Razz

Yeah it was hilarious last year too when that hat came out...
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/12/16 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
shane618 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
XclickX wrote:

Makes sense as to why it's only got one size left - it shows up about ten items down on MLB shop when sorted by newest - is that because they saw the opportunity to repost?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/12/16 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
shane618 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
XclickX wrote:

Makes sense as to why it's only got one size left - it shows up about ten items down on MLB shop when sorted by newest - is that because they saw the opportunity to repost?

Likely someone took advantage of the 365 day return policy. (Be it the old MLB Shop one or Fanatics one)
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 08/12/16 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No instigation, I'm actually a legit huge A-Rod fan. Scooped up a few of those caps when it came out last year. It's for his 3K hits.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/12/16 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Retirement merch for A-Rod? Anyone else feel like he could play with Miami?
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/12/16 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
Retirement merch for A-Rod? Anyone else feel like he could play with Miami?

I haven't followed it super closely but I think part of his agreement with the Yanks has them paying him not to play. He'll be an 'advisor' or something and the arrangement is supposed to last until the end of '17. I guess he could come back somewhere else at that point but I doubt he would have accepted these terms from the Yanks if he was adamant about continuing to play.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 08/12/16 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's an unconditional release. He can sign with any team immediately after it happens. I'm torn on if I want him to retire a Yankee or take a few more shots.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/12/16 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This article seems to suggest the arrangement is set to last until the end of '17: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/a-rod-yankees-special-advisor-article-1.2744113
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/12/16 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah the weird arrangement does - but it was more the yanks attempting to not just release a guy w 696 homers, but he can sign as a player immediately.

On a side note - I know it's not authentic and surely Chinese, but this hat is a cool idea: http://m.mlbshop.com/Men/Mens_Seattle_Mariners_Ken_Griffey_Jr._New_Era_Navy_Logo_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/12/16 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
Yeah the weird arrangement does - but it was more the yanks attempting to not just release a guy w 696 homers, but he can sign as a player immediately.

On a side note - I know it's not authentic and surely Chinese, but this hat is a cool idea: http://m.mlbshop.com/Men/Mens_Seattle_Mariners_Ken_Griffey_Jr._New_Era_Navy_Logo_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat

Wow, that Rodriguez contract situation is bizarre. Whole lot of smoke and mirrors to cover up a rotten situation I guess. As a casual Yankees fan (very casual), I'll be happy to see his contract finally off the books if only to see what the Yanks do with the freed up cash.

And that Griffey batterman is fantastic. It's a bit loud for me to have it on front but it definitely would have been a plus to have that on the back of his commemorative caps.
lhg39
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/13/16 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nothing really weird about the contract situation. Both sides just trying to save face, as he gets the money no matter what.
Page 130 of 132   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: