2016 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/09/15 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope teams don't ruin TBTC opportunities by DE'ing old caps(LOOKING AT YOU, MILWAUKEE). Speaking of DE and TBTC - I will flip my wig(in a bad way) when the first retail TBTC that is DE is churned out by NE. I may just possibly part ways with $34.99(more likely 37.99) for a TBTC-DE in order to make a consumer statement(a BIC lighter comes into play here) if that day comes. Let's hope it doesn't.
jake2701
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/10/15 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Should I be stocking up on Cubs Poly US made caps in my size right now then?
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/10/15 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jake2701 wrote:
Should I be stocking up on Cubs Poly US made caps in my size right now then?

By the sound of it I'd say nah. I'd say maybe to teams that have alts coming out the azz.
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/10/15 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dumb theory: What if the past several seasons have been the DE's version of "BETA" testing? All the kinks will be worked out, caps will be MUSA for the most part, et cetera. Trying to think positive. But for real: In all honesty I hope the promo fails and DE's die the death of those that came before.

Someone mentioned it earlier and they were right - in the end my beef with these DE caps is they are Chino and something about their construction only doubles the MIC/Fudd/Lightbulb on my head look. The DE stitching/fabric is not the issue at all. Not to mention these caps should obviously cost much less than the current standard(same material, but much, MUCH less of said material. Appears to have no soul(like human hands touched it only to move it between machines - there was no stop for a process that still requires human artistic skill/craft) Compared to a proper AC, side by side you can literally see how much cheaper the DE is compared to the current Gold Standard. Did I mention visors and how a pro at curving a visor when handed a DE fails everytime? No? Others did though, so that's covered.

Clearly the BETA testing failed. Perhaps this is NE's final DE promo(I doubt it, the DE material allows for gaudy BS to be printed on the cap - like this year's cheese as all hell S&S caps that had the flag in the background.) I'm not even touching those even though they are in the "closeout" section on MLB shop. If it's free, I'd think about it.

Hahahah, take with a grain of salt please. Having fun here while trying to discuss serious issues. 100% polyester? I hope DE's have some chemical additive that causes rashes, quickens balding, lowers sperm count, ovarian cysts are tied to the DE hats of mates, or causes serious allergic reactions - forcing elementary schools to become "Diamond-Era Hat Free-Zones", et cetera. HAHAHAHAH!
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/13/15 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:

Clearly the BETA testing failed. Perhaps this is NE's final DE promo(I doubt it, the DE material allows for gaudy BS to be printed on the cap - like this year's cheese as all hell S&S caps that had the flag in the background.) I'm not even touching those even though they are in the "closeout" section on MLB shop. If it's free, I'd think about it.

I agree completely. I saw this year's 4th of July caps and thought........."They're terrible but I bet they look good in person."

No. I saw a red and blue version in Lids and they look worse in person than they look on the computer. I almost bought the Rockies one on closeout, but after seeing them in person and them being 4th of July hats made in China, New Era can F themselves on these.
CapOfTheWeek

Post Posted: 10/13/15 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:
Dumb theory: What if the past several seasons have been the DE's version of "BETA" testing? All the kinks will be worked out, caps will be MUSA for the most part, et cetera. Trying to think positive. But for real: In all honesty I hope the promo fails and DE's die the death of those that came before.

Someone mentioned it earlier and they were right - in the end my beef with these DE caps is they are Chino and something about their construction only doubles the MIC/Fudd/Lightbulb on my head look. The DE stitching/fabric is not the issue at all. Not to mention these caps should obviously cost much less than the current standard(same material, but much, MUCH less of said material. Appears to have no soul(like human hands touched it only to move it between machines - there was no stop for a process that still requires human artistic skill/craft) Compared to a proper AC, side by side you can literally see how much cheaper the DE is compared to the current Gold Standard. Did I mention visors and how a pro at curving a visor when handed a DE fails everytime? No? Others did though, so that's covered.

Hahahah, take with a grain of salt please. Having fun here while trying to discuss serious issues. 100% polyester? I hope DE's have some chemical additive that causes rashes, quickens balding, lowers sperm count, ovarian cysts are tied to the DE hats of mates, or causes serious allergic reactions - forcing elementary schools to become "Diamond-Era Hat Free-Zones", et cetera. HAHAHAHAH!
That's an interesting perspective to look at this from. My guess though is that NE wouldn't have done a beta at this level of production. I know when they switched the AC from wool to poly in 2007, it was beta-tested by a few teams the year before and perhaps even earlier than that (ca. 2005-2006). The equipment managers said most players were satisfied with how the caps worked and voila we got mass-produced poly's by 2007.

It's a love-hate relationship with the DE caps. I have one (2013 SS Yankees, USA made), and although I'm not a big fan of the texture, man does it keep you head cool...until it's windy and cool sweat pushes against you lol. Even my US made cap had a thread issue which led to the outermost layer of bill stitching coming apart.

In the end, it's all about the player comfort, that's still going to decide if new technology continues or if it sees an early demise (see 2006 NBA game ball).
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
new patch cap maybe?

New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
D-Backs are going with new unis this year from what I'm hearing?
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:

haven't heard anything...dbacks nation would know for sure.
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
Azfan wrote:

Well someone on the sportslogos boards with some insight on uni changes next year is definitely hinting at them changing things up and mentioning the Padres as well
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
Azfan wrote:

Well someone on the sportslogos boards with some insight on uni changes next year is definitely hinting at them changing things up and mentioning the Padres as well

I think the whole world knew that the Padres are doing some changes, but the Dbacks is a surprise for me, also heard on the same board the Dodgers going with a home alternative pinstripes unis and hat
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i gotta join that board. i have been following it on facebook for some time now as well as using the website for years. i gotta get on that.
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dbacks will be doing something Dec 3rd...

Padres are doing tweaks, a bit half assed although there will be an alt that will make your blue eyes brown...
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:

Padres are doing tweaks, a bit half assed although there will be an alt that will make your blue eyes brown...

does the dbacks include new caps or just jersey stuff?
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

does the dbacks include new caps or just jersey stuff?

New hats...sort of.
Page 3 of 132   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: