2016 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
Dbacks will be doing something Dec 3rd...

Padres are doing tweaks, a bit half assed although there will be an alt that will make your blue eyes brown...

does the dbacks include new caps or just jersey stuff?

New hats...sort of.

Fauxbacks I'm guessing
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/05/15 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

Padres are doing tweaks, a bit half assed although there will be an alt that will make your blue eyes brown...

does the dbacks include new caps or just jersey stuff?

New hats...sort of.

Fauxbacks I'm guessing

No.

Although the Throwback Thursday promotion should continue, the team keeps changing it's mind on it, the depth and extent of the redesign and colours it wants to go with.

Last word on TT is purple hat with the purple jersey.
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/06/15 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gotta feeling the BP is going to be made a official alternate cap in Poly.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/06/15 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tubby34 wrote:
Gotta feeling the BP is going to be made a official alternate cap in Poly.

Sort of.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/06/15 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
i gotta join that board. i have been following it on facebook for some time now as well as using the website for years. i gotta get on that.

Yes, you ABSOLUTELY do. In fact, most of you who are into caps and sports logo and jersey design should join. It's a fantastic resource for that kinda stuff, and also a pretty damn cool little community. I have nearly 20,000 posts there over the last twelve years! Shocked

Hat Guru wrote:

And OF COURSE the Padres changes are gonna be half assed. Everything that organization does is half assed. They're not even gonna touch the ACs, are they? It's gonna be the terrible gold outlines on the home and alt jersey (but not the road set for some inexplicable reason) and the exact same primary cap they use now, isn't it?

What a complete and total disappointment the Padres are.

Finally, on the D Backs, do you think the new set is an improvement over what they wear now, or not? I've heard it's going to "deeply divide" the CCSLC community. That could mean just about anything though because even something as simple as a small change to a sock pattern causes an uproar over there Razz
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/06/15 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fiddy Sicks wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
i gotta join that board. i have been following it on facebook for some time now as well as using the website for years. i gotta get on that.

Yes, you ABSOLUTELY do. In fact, most of you who are into caps and sports logo and jersey design should join. It's a fantastic resource for that kinda stuff, and also a pretty damn cool little community. I have nearly 20,000 posts there over the last twelve years! Shocked

Hat Guru wrote:

And OF COURSE the Padres changes are gonna be half assed. Everything that organization does is half assed. They're not even gonna touch the ACs, are they? It's gonna be the terrible gold outlines on the home and alt jersey (but not the road set for some inexplicable reason) and the exact same primary cap they use now, isn't it?

Finally, on the D Backs, do you think the new set is an improvement over what they wear now, or not? I've heard it's going to "deeply divide" the CCSLC community. That could mean just about anything though because even something as simple as a small change to a sock pattern causes an uproar over there Razz

Not counting the DE nonsense coming next year the Padres have new AC's coming. More than one.

Dbacks is tricky as there was a more radical redesign that the team walked back and this is likely going to be more 'tweaks' than anything radical. All that said who the $&@% knows with that clownshow front office. They nixed Throwback Thursdays for. 2016 and then changed their mind on that and now plan to do it maybe the same unis, maybe the purple jerseys or maybe something else.

The Fathers and Snakes are adding colours, the latter's additions is what may be the divisive issue alluded to is.

Creamer's too much of a sideshow for my tastes, other's mileage may vary.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/06/15 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i always like to see new stuff. always exciting to see/talk about something new. any idea when these new designs are coming out? seems like they always come out around December-ish...i remember last year getting the new twins and mets around that time. also i remember a few years ago when the jays switched up getting the new cap around the same time...same time i got the jays i got the mets 50th...and it was all around christmas time.
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/06/15 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
i always like to see new stuff. always exciting to see/talk about something new. any idea when these new designs are coming out? seems like they always come out around December-ish...i remember last year getting the new twins and mets around that time. also i remember a few years ago when the jays switched up getting the new cap around the same time...same time i got the jays i got the mets 50th...and it was all around christmas time.

Dbacks: Dec. 3rd
Padres: ??
The DE Debacle: Feb 1
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/06/15 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Fiddy Sicks wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

Hat Guru wrote:

Not counting the DE nonsense coming next year the Padres have new AC's coming. More than one.

Dbacks is tricky as there was a more radical redesign that the team walked back and this is likely going to be more 'tweaks' than anything radical. All that said who the $&@% knows with that clownshow front office. They nixed Throwback Thursdays for. 2016 and then changed their mind on that and now plan to do it maybe the same unis, maybe the purple jerseys or maybe something else.

The Fathers and Snakes are adding colours, the latter's additions is what may be the divisive issue alluded to is.

Creamer's too much of a sideshow for my tastes, other's mileage may vary.

Interesting. I've heard that it's; "something you've never seen before" in regards to the D Backs. Is that still the case even with them backing off a bit?
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/06/15 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
saw this on sports logos facebook page. you guys think the braves will wear it on their cap?? like the mets did in the final year for shea. its a great looking patch in my opinion.
id like to get the all navy cap with this patch if they do end up doing it.

New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/06/15 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Definitely a nice looking patch but 19 years is just so ridiculous.
SpartanFan_ChippewaMan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/06/15 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

Dbacks: Dec. 3rd
Padres: ??
The DE Debacle: Feb 1

So the DE stuff is really that bad?
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/07/15 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hopefully the BP caps are staying 5950 style. I've bought a couple but that would stop if they went to a different style.
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/07/15 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
Hopefully the BP caps are staying 5950 style. I've bought a couple but that would stop if they went to a different style.

Yup they are staying 59Fifty and DE. New designs (some Ok and some are terrible) plus added elements to the caps that IMO suck while others may dig.
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/07/15 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Calling your bluff on this playa.

LEROY712 wrote:
jfi wrote:

Yup they are staying 59Fifty and DE. New designs (some Ok and some are terrible) plus added elements to the caps that IMO suck while others may dig.
Page 4 of 132   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: