it looks like the lids 25% off discount is gone!View previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/15/17 5:28 pm    Post subject: it looks like the lids 25% off discount is gone! Reply with quote
they have a new access pass now, and it is only 20% off.

before you can get 25% when you earned at least 300 points.

https://www.lids.com/access-pass
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/15/17 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eh, I only buy clearance stuff from Lids.
Big Cappi

Post Posted: 03/16/17 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the 25% discount but as the years have gone on it the rules changed to you can't get a discount on certain items like Post Season or World Series caps when they first come out anymore.
Now its this stuff. It was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I emailed them because I was unable to get a call in or chat. Maybe other people are getting upset about this too.
My message was that I was done. No more buying any merch from Lids or New Era. I was a loyal customer and spent quite a bit of money buying all kinds of things.
They might as well stuck the middle finger in my face and said we have enough customers pound sand buddy.

So far I haven't got a response from the email but I'm sure it will be from some indifferent drone. So I'm done with these guys. I guess I won't be adding more stuff to the collection that much anymore. Unless I get lucky at a thrift or garage sale. Collecting hats got less enjoyable.
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/16/17 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lids is garbage. I buy from them when they mess up and let me stack my 25% with another promotion. Also they get usa made milb hats now so there is that. As for losing the 25%, give them time. Someone I know spoke with them today and they said it should be working again by next week. Once your membership expires I do not think you will be able to keep the 25% though. You will have to sign up for the access card.

UPDATE :

I just went to the website and it explains it here:

Existing Lids Club Members

If I am an existing Lids Club member, do I need to sign up for an Access Pass?

If you have an existing Lids Club membership that has not expired, you will continue to have access to the Lids Club benefits. You'll have the option to join Access Pass or Access Pass Premium once your membership expires.

If you'd like to transition into Access Pass Premium before expiration, you may do so. However, you will lose any points accrued during your Lids Club membership and will begin receiving Access Pass Premium discounts. Your membership term will not be extended; it will expire based on your Lids Club membership expiration date. These changes can be made online by visiting the Access Pass page.

So yes you can opt to keep your current lids membership and 25% off until the expiration of your card. But lets do some 'higher mathematics" here:

Buy hats for 26.25 (25% off) or buy hats for 27.99 (20% 0ff) and every $100 you spend you get a $10 gift card. Which is better?

So 5 hats at the 25% old club price of 26.25= $131.25

5 hats at the new price is $129.95. 5 X $27.99 (139.95) less the $10 gift card they give you for buying the first 4 hats. What?!?!? We saved $1.30? So yeah its basically the same.
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/16/17 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
XclickX wrote:
Lids is garbage. I buy from them when they mess up and let me stack my 25% with another promotion. Also they get usa made milb hats now so there is that. As for losing the 25%, give them time. Someone I know spoke with them today and they said it should be working again by next week. Once your membership expires I do not think you will be able to keep the 25% though. You will have to sign up for the access card.

UPDATE :

I just went to the website and it explains it here:

Existing Lids Club Members

If I am an existing Lids Club member, do I need to sign up for an Access Pass?

If you have an existing Lids Club membership that has not expired, you will continue to have access to the Lids Club benefits. You'll have the option to join Access Pass or Access Pass Premium once your membership expires.

If you'd like to transition into Access Pass Premium before expiration, you may do so. However, you will lose any points accrued during your Lids Club membership and will begin receiving Access Pass Premium discounts. Your membership term will not be extended; it will expire based on your Lids Club membership expiration date. These changes can be made online by visiting the Access Pass page.

So yes you can opt to keep your current lids membership and 25% off until the expiration of your card. But lets do some 'higher mathematics" here:

Buy hats for 26.25 (25% off) or buy hats for 27.99 (20% 0ff) and every $100 you spend you get a $10 gift card. Which is better?

So 5 hats at the 25% old club price of 26.25= $131.25

5 hats at the new price is $129.95. 5 X $27.99 (139.95) less the $10 gift card they give you for buying the first 4 hats. What?!?!? We saved $1.30? So yeah its basically the same.

I have 790 points right now and 6 months to go.... if I switch to the access pass, do my almost 800 points turn automatically into an $80 coupon or do I start from scratch lol.

This happened to me on the 14th- bought a USA and joker fitted and it gave me 20% off. I thought it was the dickhead lids manager being slick so I called him on the 25% off. I got it, but it left a bad taste- this explains it.
lhg39
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/16/17 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My points all disappeared and they seem to have just signed me up for access pass. I have sent an email and am waiting to hear from them.

Last edited by lhg39 on 03/16/17 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
john_doe
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/16/17 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any lifetime members in here?

I noticed that my 25% discount is now 20%.

As many fitteds as I have....Maybe it's all for the better anyway.

John
lhg39
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/16/17 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
john_doe wrote:
Any lifetime members in here?

I noticed that my 25% discount is now 20%.

As many fitteds as I have....Maybe it's all for the better anyway.

John

I should be a lifetime member but they screwed me out of that years ago.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/16/17 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
And this is why I only buy clearance items from Lids and instead only have a Hat Club membership.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/16/17 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
And this is why I only buy clearance items from Lids and instead only have a Hat Club membership.

That's all Lids is worth. I buy their clearance patch caps to harvest the patches to be put on different caps.
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/16/17 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Add me to the list of people who gave up on Lids' membership card. What good is it when you have to do gymnastics just to find a hat in their store that somehow they accidentally missed and the discount applies to? I know that basically one hat pays for the membership itself almost, but I just got so sick of their crap with the whole thing that I let it lapse and didn't renew. It's a joke.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/16/17 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lids has worked out pretty well for me personally. It's helpful for people just starting to build their collection as they carry most of the more popular caps in-store and you're free to dig for the rare well made MUSA's and inspect before purchase. I know some posters are seeing their local Lids carrying nothing but Chino quality caps but that has not been my experience yet. A few of my best caps are Lids finds and they were all picked up within the last 6 months or so. I also happen to live somewhere without any Hat Club physical locations FWIW.

Long-term though I think Lids would mostly be useful for discounted TBTC's as they rarely have anything hit clearance that interests me. I'll probably renew for one more year but I can see myself giving up on impulse purchases, and thus the need for a card, once all the stock is flagged.
Betters22
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/16/17 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Lids has worked out pretty well for me personally. It's helpful for people just starting to build their collection as they carry most of the more popular caps in-store and you're free to dig for the rare well made MUSA's and inspect before purchase. I know some posters are seeing their local Lids carrying nothing but Chino quality caps but that has not been my experience yet. A few of my best caps are Lids finds and they were all picked up within the last 6 months or so. I also happen to live somewhere without any Hat Club physical locations FWIW.

Long-term though I think Lids would mostly be useful for discounted TBTC's as they rarely have anything hit clearance that interests me. I'll probably renew for one more year but I can see myself giving up on impulse purchases, and thus the need for a card, once all the stock is flagged.

Hat Club isn't much better than Lids these days, so you're not missing much
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/16/17 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Betters22 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

Not just HatClub, the hat game in general has been crappy the past year.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/16/17 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Betters22 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

Not just HatClub, the hat game in general has been crappy the past year.

Yeah, I gotta agree with DBacks. There just hasn't been anything super interesting hitting the market lately. Been mostly picking up odds and ends.
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: